Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rising Lake Fog On A Crisp October Morning

7:30 
Up at 7:10, a chilly house, and chilly outside, 41º, as the sun hides behind a bank of clouds or fog, not sure which.  I can just make out the tree tops along Tom's Point, the rest of the shoreline is hidden by fog.  It looks like another perfect Chautauqua fall day, sunny and cool, high in the 60's.

Yesterday started for me with yoga in Westfield.  It's once a week, a 10:00 and there were only four of us in the Studio Panterra, set in the woods, up above the vineyards of Westfield, on Hardscrabble Road, which has an amazing view of the vineyards and lake.  The class lasts till about noon which I like and time goes quickly.  And I learn how inept I am as a yoga student, my body just not limber or easily stretched though Dariel, the teacher, is patient and works hard with me to do things correctly.  She's discovered I have little if any lumbar curve in my back when I do certain poses, perhaps a result of sitting incorrectly, old age, or poor standing posture.  She's given me extra  exercises to help me develop more flexibility and now I have to start doing them.  The one good thing is that none of the other students are much better than me, so we all struggle to do the poses correctly.  I do like the class because I feel I am learning but just wish I were a better student.

The drive home from Westfield was beautiful, the vineyards ready for harvesting, Lake Erie blue in the distance, fields beginning to turn from green to brown.  I made three stops, at Tops, the Lighthouse and the library, and was home by 1:00.
Long Point

Ellery Farm

View from Our Dining Room

We were worn out from our travels, 36 hours in Letchworth State Park, so we took it easy in the afternoon, what else is new, and either sat our on the dock reading, or inside, listening to NPR and reading until it was time for a late afternoon aperitif and making dinner.  I did the former while Evie did both.  It was a lovely late afternoon to sit, enjoy a drink, and the opposite shoreline was literally in technicolor, with the sun bringing out all the various colors and shades of fall leaves.  Evie made us tacos for dinner, and we watched S & C, then struggled to find anything worth watching until we went upstairs to bed to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...