Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Thursday

7:35

Back Yard Snow Fall
Up at 6:45, a light gray sky, 30º outside, with a dusting of snow last night.  The snow keeps melting so there's just a six inch layer of crunch when I walk on it.  A couple of fishermen are out on the lake already, hardy souls, and have been out every day for the past few weeks.

The days are beginning to have a sameness to them, so I must be getting bored.  We went to Lakewood at 10:00, for yoga and Evie worked out at the gym, no surprises.  Evie also went to Walmart and picked up a couple of photos to send to our niece and nephew in Las Vegas.  I got my coffee at Ryder's, talked some with Donna Nelson at the bookstore, and Evie picked me up and we went home.  The last of the lentil soup for lunch, with a tuna wrap, as we watched Stewart and Colbert.

Mid afternoon, I drove to the Mayville Library, to pick up 'the best book you will read this year,' according to the NYTimes book reviewers, a series of short stories by George Saunders called TENTH OF DECEMBER.  I read the first story, liked it enough, despite the violence, to continue.   As relief, I also picked up a Carl Hiassen Florida novel, easy reading and satirical, no doubt fluff, but I will stick with it as well.  You can see, I am not sure what I want to read, what I want to do.  Must be the continuation of the post grandchildren blues.

We ate the spicy chicken for dinner, watched Smash, then some of Idol.  Both of us were appalled by the choice of Zonette.  She clearly cannot sing but has a compelling story, an immigrant from Liberia, struggling to make it.  The show's judges must be liberals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...