Friday, February 1, 2013

Cold And Over A Foot Of Snow, More To Come

7:40
Rhododendrons

Woodlawn at Dusk
Kinney's Run at Dusk


Up at 6:30, still snowing, though our road has already been cleared by Shane.  He must have been here quite early because there's already another inch or two of snow on our parking area.  It's 16º out, tree trunks frosted with snow as well as most of the branches, the yards snow covered, of course, and huge bubbles of white on the bushes, a ribbon of open water at the lake's edge.  The wind's quite strong, blowing snow in all directions.  It looks like a day to snow shoe at Long Point Park.

We both got our workouts in yesterday morning, me with Yin Yoga, Evie at the YMCA. I stopped at Ryder's Cup for a coffee, browsed the bookstore while I waited for Evie.  I wish I could support this independent bookstore, but I would rather use the library or order a book from Amazon, saving at least 50% on a book.  We had our usual afternoon, Stewart and Colbert, as we ate lunch, then relaxing and reading much of the afternoon.  Evie did put together our dinner, chicken picata, early afternoon and I decided to make a sweet potato and ginger soup with lime.  It's easy, quick, the only thing I lacked was cream so I used whole milk instead.  It's quite tasty, of course, because I made it.

Late afternoon, we went out to shovel our parking area for the second time, and I decided to snow shoe the Woodlawn/Victoria loop.  It was amazing to walk it, just the way I love it, a blizzard of snow as I walked at dusk, colors mostly black and white, wet snow crusting on my face, and not uncomfortably cold, as I worked up a sweat, making a path through the woods.  It's been awhile since I have had a walk so invigorating and fun.  Let's hope today will be like that as well.

The chicken picata, garlic spinach, and salad were great, enough in fact for another meal.  We ended up watching three or four episodes of the cheesy but watchable Scandal on Netflix.  It's funny how you think something is cheesy but as you  continue to watch, you want to see the next episode.  The President just slept with his top aid, Olivia, exciting yet devastating as his opponent has a tape of the encounter.  What will happen?  We will have to wait for tonight.  I wonder where the writers got this idea, of a President being unfaithful?  Seems far fetched!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...