Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day in Kansas City

Mary Prepping Dinner
Marlena in the Morning

Tin Roofs, ice cream, chocolate sauce, Spanish peanuts


Lee Summit Morning from Tom's Front Door
It's still warm here in Lee Summit but by late afternoon, the temperature will drop and tomorrow will be in the twenties, more like a Thanksgiving day.  I was up early, around 6:15, partly cloudy, around 44 degrees outside.   It''s now 8:15 and all are up except Nick.  We are on our IPADS or computers as we watch the beginning of the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Yesterday, we mostly relaxed around the house and baby sat, as Mary went out shopping, Tommy worked in the morning, and golfed with some friends in the afternoon, as it was a perfect day.  I had bad morning.  When I walked outside, the radiator was leaking, again, after getting it supposedly fixed last week, twice.  I took it in to Honda and they called late afternoon. I need a new radiator and pipe which leads to it.  Only a thousand bucks to fix it!  There goes the family Christmas presents.  And they said they may run into other problems because it's so rusted from the salt and winters in NYC.  Also, they don't have the parts so I won't be picking it up till next week except I will be in Scottsdale, thus I won't get it for ten days or so.  When do you know when it's time to stop putting money into a older car?  A good question.

We did walk the creek yesterday with Marlena and her friend, Ella, and we had a picnic as well.  The girls love walking it, exploring the nooks and crannies, making a fort, jumping from rock to rock.  They even took their shoes off and dipped their feet in the water.  Even Bella came along but she seem a bit frightened in the woods.  Her environment has mostly been a house and front yard, so a walk in the woods is scary.

Tom got home around 5:30, and we started making dinner.  We had teriyaki pork chops, cooked outside, with salad and rice,  cheese bread, and grilled asparagus.  We all watched a movie Evie and I really like, called Summer Eleven, about four girls the summer before their entrance to middle school.  We watched it first with Marisa, then with Hayden and Halle. Everyone enjoyed it, I think, even Nick.  Mid way, we took time out to make tin roof sundaes, with Blue Bell ice cream, a brand my good friend Paul Storey always talked about.  It's made in Texas, but it's available over many states in the mid west.  My verdict...good and expensive.

I also took lots of pictures yesterday, but when I put my memory card in my computer, none of the pictures turned up except for twenty pictures of the Blue Bell ice cream carton.  So, there will be a dearth of family pictures on today's blog.  I still have no idea what happened to the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...