Monday, November 19, 2012

Effingham, IL., Ho!

7:04
Sunday at 4:20 PM

Sunday Dusk
Up nice and early, to get ready for our excursion to Kansas City.


Yesterday was another great day, though we tended to let it slip by, a short hike in the morning, no kayaking as we were consumed with getting everything ready for winter, for our trip west.  We both worked inside, packing, cleaning, and I also spent quite a bit of time outside, cleaning the car, packing, turning the compost and covering it, putting our tarps over some of our chairs, hanging bird feeders, so they are ready when we return in December.  It was so nice outside that I wanted to get everything done while the weather was good.  I even put away the lawn mower; Evie's sure to have withdrawal.

Despite the nice day, we saw no one down her on Woodlawn,  as our neighbors decided to stay home and get ready for Thanksgiving, like us. And the lake was very quiet, usual for this time of the year but because of the weather, I thought I might see other kayakers or fishing boats. Just before noon, I returned some books to Smith Library, mailed a couple of letters, my only trip off of Woodlawn for the day. At  3:30, I starting putting my bags in the car, in between football games,  and it was already starting to move towards dusk.  I cannot get used to the shortness of the afternoons.  It seems like we just have had lunch, relaxed for a bit, and it's already time to start thinking about dinner, perhaps a glass a wine.  I guess that's not so bad.

Dinner was easy but good, chicken, salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, some brownies for dessert.  We were able to get the car mostly packed last night, so we have little to do this morning, other than close up, put a few things in the car, and we are on our way.  It looks like fine weather out that way so we look forward to the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...