Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Overcast and Cool

Resting and Feeding Swans
Swans in Flight

Up at 7:15, cloudy and gray, but not as cold as yesterday when I went out side to get the paper.  I heard strange bird calls from the lake, but could not see what birds they were, but thought it might be loons.  I went inside, asked Evie to check her app for the sound of a loon.  It didn't sound right so I forgot about it until I walked out the front door a few minutes ago and was just able to make out a flock of whiteness on the lake.  At least two hundred swans, not loons were floating out in the middle of the lake, on their way South.  I took a picture but they were too far out to get much of a shot.  But it was neat to see all of them out there, just resting I assume, before flying on ward.  We get to see them only once or twice a year if that.  I just looked up to see them take off, ran outside to get a picture, but it was probably too late and they were too far already, about to settle down off of Bemus Bay. A great way to start the day.

Yesterday was fix the old car day, a routine that's getting tiresome. I dropped the 2000 Honda off as the key was getting stuck in the ignition.  The guys were going to put in a new ignition unit to the tune of most likely three hundred dollars.  We then went to Sam's, for Evie to return some clothes and I was going to get my tires rotated for our trip to KC. It's free because I bought my tires there.  I dropped off my car, went into Sam's, only to be paged.  The service men pointed out to a red liquid on the floor, as my transmission was leaking. Also, one of the studs on my tire was stripped, meaning I would have to get a new stud.  I quickly called the guys who were to work on the Accord, and arranged to drop my Pilot off as the need to fix it took precedence over the Accord.  So drove back to the garage stopping first at the post office, then Lakewood Pharmacy to pick up some Vitamin E's and Vitamins, talked with Jim Rovegno, the pharmacist,  confirmed that we would get together for a dinner soon, then switched cars at the Keystone Garage, drove the Accord home, hoping the key would not stick...it didn't.

We spent the rest of the afternoon recovering from the frustration of the morning.  For dinner, we had picked up a ready to cook pizza from Sam's, one we think is as good as any from a pizza restaurant around here and half the price and had that for dinner, as we watched Stewart and Colbert, laughing along with them over the big deal the media is making of the General Petreus and now General Allen affair.  How the news changes, each day, each week, as the media picks something to make  a  big deal of and off with go.  For most stations, it's the affair, for Fox it's always a White House cover up.  They never stop.  In fact Sean Hannity, of Fox News, called John Kerry, the Senator from MA, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense,  Genghis Ghan last night.  Why?  What possible connection could be made in his small mind between the two.  But he said it, and his audience will repeat it and it will be come another Fox Fact.  Stop Watching Fox News.  It's Unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...