Friday, March 30, 2012

Sunny and Clear, Snow Expected Tonight


7:15
At Seezurh with Jerry and Jane Grice

Up at 6:45, to the faint quacking of the pair o ducks; we got smart and closed our window!  It looks like a nice morning, clear skies at least for awhile, in the low 40's, and it's 33 degrees right now.  The sun, on a morning like this, is blinding, forcing me to sit in another chair.  A sunny morning perks me up, makes me want to get outside and hike, walk, or work in the yard.  I am sure this is true for most people.

Yesterday was Restorative Yoga, where we held simple, relaxing poses for ten or fifteen minutes.  It's a very popular class, lots of women of all ages and me, of course.  None of the poses are difficult and the aim is to get you to completely relax, to almost fall asleep.  Our teacher suggested that these types of poses, as least for her, has led her as close to bliss as she has ever been.  As Joseph Campbell says, "Follow your Bliss."  I don't think I will get there.

Evie worked out at the Y as well, then we headed to both Sam's Club and Weggies, to do our weekly shopping, spending lots of money on groceries.  I don't know about others but we pay little attention to our grocery bill, getting what we want, even if it's a little extra.  Our thinking being we must eat, we are not extravagant, and sometimes eating healthy is worth spending a little more.  The amazing thing is we can end up spending a hundred dollars without buying any meat. I wonder how families and seniors make it who are on fixed incomes.  Food, for most Americans, has always been affordable but I fear this is changing with the rise in energy costs and the loss of good paying jobs.
Yum, Fried Bologna sandwiches

For lunch, we had one of Evie's favorites, fried bologna sandwiches, something her Mom used to always make.  I admit to liking bologna as well and can remember most of my friends having either bologna or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch at school.  It was delicious, taking me back and could only have been better if scrambled eggs were included on the sandwich.  Next time.
Jane Grice and Evie

Last night, we went out to dinner with Jane and Jerry Grice.  They came over about 6:00 for a glass of wine and we then headed over to Bemus, to eat at the Seezurh House.  We had not been out with them for months, even though they are around.  I am not sure why because we get along well, have lots in common.  Jane remains very busy with her real estate, doing quite well, and seems to really enjoy selling.  No retirement for her, she says.  Jerry also keeps busy, mostly on the business end of the construction business, leaving the actual construction to his son, Scott.  They both look good, seem happy, like traveling, in fact, they are taking a river trip in Europe in May, starting in Budapest.  They have been all over the world, quite adventurous compared to us.  We all enjoyed our meals and the Seezurh has a new burger menu, offering about ten different choices, with fries, for $7.99.  I got the chili, cheddar and grilled onion burger which was great and Jane got the Wing burger, with hot sauce, blue cheese, and onion rings, also quite good.

Well, off to yoga, then to buy my Lotto tickets.  Let's hope I win; I will share it with my followers! Fat chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...