Saturday, March 3, 2012

Partly Cloudy, A Fall Like Morning

7:15
Maple Grove vs Silver Creek at Jamestown Community College Gym

Huddles of clouds greeted me this morning when I got up at 7:00 and at the moment, a blinding sun makes me move my seat, as it glistens on the lake, still a frozen gray.  Wild winds filled the night, up to 75 mph in Niagara Falls, though there seems to be few branches down in the yard, enshallah.  The winds are to continue most of the day, as two weather fronts meet, with the possibility of snow flurries tonight as it gets much colder tomorrow.  It's 37 degrees right now, but the high will be in the 20's tomorrow.

Yesterday was yoga, a work out for Evie in the morning, though I was not in to it, perhaps my cold is to blame.  There were only four people in class, so we got individual attention.  For some reason, my cramps came back, and some of the positions really bother my knees, on the insides, as if the stretching was too much for my tendons, not muscles.  Perhaps it was just the day.

Then, last evening, we went off to Taco Hut, in downtown Jamestown, for dinner, quesadellias for Evie and a couple of enchiladas for me.  It was packed, with families out on the Friday night.  We then went to the regional finals, a boys basketball game between Maple Grove and Silver Creek at Jamestown Community College.  We had watched Maple Grove play on Monday and enjoyed it, so we went back for the finals.  The gym was packed, and we almost ended up having to stand.  It ended up going into overtime and Maple Grove, unfortunately, lost by one point.  It had all the makings of a high school game back in the later 1950's, an all white crowd, diminutive players, cheerleaders, a fan base of students, parents, and grand parents.  It took me back to my high school days, remembering the bus trips, to and from the games, the quietness before the game, the silence or roar after, depending if we won.  It would be so nice if we were able to see our grandchildren play sometime in the future, when they get into high school. If only we lived closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...