Monday, January 23, 2012

Wet, Windy, Gray---The Worst of Winter

Wet and Gray at 8:00 AM

Sunday's Dusk: 5:45

Up late again, for me, about 7:20 to rain on the windows, 36 degrees, and a howling wind, coming from the south, unusual and the reason for this warming weather.  Today's the kind of day where you don't want to venture out and we won't.  We are having Ron and Linda over for dinner, French cut pork loin, have done our shopping already, so we will sit tight.  Evie will spend the day in the kitchen, getting dinner ready and I will help when necessary, usually to clean up the dishes, read, and perhaps we will even watch a movie today since it's so unattractive outside.  Today I wish I could go work out at the Turner gym but since I did not renew my membership, it's no longer possible, though I can go shoot hoops for free.  Perhaps that's what I will do if I get motivated.
Talkin, Walkin at the Chautauqua Institution

Yesterday, we had a great lunch at Ron and Linda's, spicy Mexican chicken soup, with avocados, ultimate nachos, and guacamole and of course, I made the Bloody Mary's, my only contribution.  We first walked at the CI, and it was a sunny morning though a bitter wind came from the south.  The roads were easy to walk on, more snow than ice, so we enjoyed it.  We stayed till about 1:30, then headed home for the football extravaganza, two playoff games, both won by mistakes, rather than by great plays.  Not much fun to win that way or to watch a team lose, but it happens.

We had one of my favorite dinners last night, chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, yum, and we did little the rest of day other than watch TV, get dinner ready, and read or play Words With Friends.  Evie is playing Mitch and according to Beth, he is very excited to be ahead.  I don't blame him.

We also talked to both the Albarrans and Tommy and family on Face Time as the girls, all of them, now know how to use their Itouches to call us.  Hayden, especially, loves to call and show us her room; she's totally unselfconscious on the phone, talks easily and it's hard to get off if you have something to do.  She just bought a miniature guinea pig, so she's been very excited about it.  It lives in a cage in her room, with a treadmill, about the size of a mouse, I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...