Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mac Air Saturday

We started the day off we Marisa's soccer game at 8:30, at Middlesex Middle School. It was a brisk but sunny morning, just right for soccer though Marisa insisted on not wearing a jacket. She scored at least one goal, assisted on another, and her team wond 7-6 although that does not seem to matter that much to little girls, which is nice to see, Wait till they get older, their coaches more ambitious and they will woofing at the other team. After the game, we came back, and Rami and I took off to Stamford Mall, where I picked up my Mac Air Book, a 1700.00 purchase that I hope I will not regret. I decided on the warranty as well, just to make sure it works, which is a bit of a rip off, of course, though the salesman really thought it was a good idea, Is he on commission on warranties? Probably. We go home and Rami helped me set it up, with Word, and I was off though I have quite a bit to learn, as it's much different from my PC. After playing with the Mac, we went off to REI, then Sports Authority, to buy a shirt for Tyler, some things for Mitch and I picked up a warm stocking hat for the winter. When we got home, Rami was able to set up my emails, calendar, contacts, the things that would have taken forever for me to do. Beth and Rami went off to dinner; they asked to go but I thought it would be more fun for them to go off on their own(you knew this, right Beth). And I was tired, to be honest, and wanted to spend time with Mitch and Marisa. We had Chinese food for dinner, lots of it, though we ended up eating quite a bit, and Lettie brought two boxes of cupcakes from Magnolia, after we brought some home on Wednesday, so we are living quite 'rich', with those cupcakes. Right now, I am sitting here typing, Mitch is playing a game on tv, Lettie is on her computer, Evie is finishing up some food, and Marisa is already in bed. She read for a half hour tonight, effortlessly and seems to really like her books. It so much fun to see her enjoy it. Mitch worked on his vocabulary words after dinner for about ten minutes; they seemed very hard and not necessarily the ones he might use very often. Teachers all have their own ideas of how to teach vocabulary, and what words are appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...