Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gray Morning With A Smudge Of Pink

Although it was dark when I got up, about 6:30, I decided to write as the sky to the East is cloudy but the rising sun gives sky just above the hills a pink tinge, the line just above bright pink, the sky above lighter, a combination of pink and gray, and the sky a tinge of pink in gray, colors one could never imagine on a palet. It signals, I assume, a rainy day. Even the lake, dark as I arose, is now a gray with a surface of pink, just visible, and the sky turns more gray, less pink, as the sun rises and is obscured by the clouds. It's 46 outside, so not as cold as yesterday and we have yet to have a frost here at the lake, though in some areas, they have had frost. As I finished this sentence, the pink has all but disappeared, and all is gray. Two herons landed on the lawn but took flight when I moved to the window; I have also seen many King Fishers the past week or two, though I would assume they would have headed south by now. We walked in the Institute just before lunch, a crisp, invigorating walk in between spells of rain. We timed it well for once; we are going on kayaking for a half hour before sitting down to mannies, dinner, and a movie, the good life. We have had perhaps a half inch of rain over the past 24 hours, and the lawn, once again, is completely covered by golden leaves. Our trees are losing their covering more quickly than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...