Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Sunday in Darien




Well, we hit the secular church this morning, Costco,  I think I could be come a believer.  We arrived at 10:00 and it was already crowded with early worshipers of the Church of Consumption, myself included, though we bought very little.  I think, after my buying a Mac Air yesterday, I am all bought out.  Rami helped me a great deal this morning with my Air, answering simple questions that would have taken me hours to figure out and we are in the process of transferring all my pictures and documents from my Netbook to a hard drive, to my new Air.  It's going to take two or three hours easily.  I also figured out how to add a picture to my blog, finally, so that's kind of cool. It just shows how stupid I can be, or unobservant, as the image is on the screen as I type, but when you edit, it disappears.  I was always looking for the image when I was editing, not composing.  We are helping Beth to get ready for their annual Halloween party for the neighborhood, from 4:30-6:00, although I am not being much help as I write on this blog.  She will have pizza and drinks for parents and kids, and then they will head off trick or treating around 6:00.  It's a good idea, as most families are around, and getting a dinner ready the night of Halloween is always a problem.  Well, better go and see if I can make myself useful...I doubt it. We, or I should say Beth, Rami, and Evie have spent a good part of the afternoon getting ready, though I have bothered Rami quite a bit, as we are downloading all of my pictures from Picasa as well as Itunes which takes quite awhile.  How nice to have someone around who knows what they are doing.  The house is starting to look really amazing, with Halloween decorations in every room, from hanging skeltons, to pumpkins, to skulls, to scary music.  It's going to be very kid friendly, as well as fun for the adults, with pomegranite margaritas, wine, and beer, to take the edge off the kiddy chaos which no doubt happens when you get 20 or more kids in one room.  It should be fun and I look forward to meeting some of Beth and Ram's neighbors, a few whom we already know.  Fortunately, it looks like its going to be a cool, but sunny day, perfect for the party, as the kids will be able to play outside, after Ramiro blew most of the leaves off the lawn, and we straightened up the patio and outdoors, or mostly he did.  Marisa disappeared early in the afternoon and Evie found her upstairs reading a book, with her feet up on a pillow, while Mitch played a computer game with a buddy from school.  Lettie mostly kept her eyes on the dog s and scanned Facebook, literally for hours...there is not that much to see, at least for me.  A quick scan and I am done with it.  For her, it's a way to keep in touch with many who also are dog lovers like her, mostly her group in Central Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...