Sunday, October 4, 2026

What A Morning Sky

6:50


6:55

7:25

Cardinal In The Morning 

I was up at 7:00, and the sky just kept getting more and more spectacular. Right now, at 8:50, the sun is filling the lake with its light and the sky is mostly cloudless. It was 47Âș when I started paddling at 7:20, and I was out for close to an hour on my usual route. I listened to a podcast interview with a well-known historian on Superpower Suicide: how Trump's two years have basically destroyed the alliances built since WWII and embraced anti-democratic ideas, cozying up to Putin, Orban, and Xi Jinping while alienating allies like the European Union, Canada, and others. How depressing and accurate.

Kayakk Morning

Morning Sun

Victoria/Woodlawn

Saturday I took it easy, although I did get in a decent paddle and returned to finish up the blog and have some breakfast. The only task for the day was a trip to the Transfer Station. Around 10:30, after a long coffee, we gathered the trash, and I drove off, dropped it all at the Transfer Station, then stopped at the Amish Wagon for a dozen ears of corn, across the street from the Ashville Country Store. While I was gone, Evie was busy catching up on laundry and changing the sheets on our beds. I was home around noon, and Evie made me quesadillas for lunch. I watched some college football until 1:00, then went upstairs hoping for a nap and managed an hour. I came downstairs and watched the Ohio State/Iowa game for a while until I got bored, then joined Evie in the living room for a glass of wine. Before wine time, Evie put together our dinner: chicken thighs, corn, potatoes, spices, and tomato sauce. We ate around 6:45 and watched some TV until 8:30, when Evie went to bed. I watched more football and started a series called Murder in a Small Town. I'd give it a C-, but it was something to watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...