 |
| 6:38 |
 |
| 7:16 |
 |
| 7:27 |
What a different morning sky, with lots of bits of clouds and color. It's 7:13 as I start this, and both Evie and I are up. She has kindergarten, and I have breakfast at 8:00. It's too dark to kayak, so I'll wait until I return from breakfast for a paddle. It's later, 10:05, and I have had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 and kayaked for 20 minutes around 9:30, when I returned home.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Northern Sky |
 |
| Looking South |
Yesterday felt like freedom: no prep, no procedure, and I could do what I wanted. Wait, I forgot. I had a PT appointment at 10:30, but no big deal. I was up early and got in a good 50-minute paddle, then wrote the blog and had breakfast with Evie. I left for my PT appointment at 10:00 and went through a series of exercises to strengthen my left calf, which seems to have atrophied over the years. It has started to affect both my hip and my balance. I'll go once or twice more, but basically I can do everything he showed me at home, and he wrote it all out. Now I just have to do it, which is the hard part.
I stopped for coffee at Ryder's Cup and had an interesting talk with Dave. I didn't realize he was a Vietnam vet, and he told me about his experiences, including his escape from Viet Cong prison. Amazing story. He is one of the few who does not regret his experience and has never suffered from PTSD. I was home by noon and not very hungry, so I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich, finished up the ham, and watched an episode of Lioness before finishing my book, We Begin at the End, which I ended up really enjoying.
I napped briefly and basically wasted the rest of the afternoon, with little mojo. It did feel good to have a glass of wine before dinner and listen to the news with Evie. Around 5:00, I got a text from Chris saying he was coming by to pick up my boat. He took it to Prendergast Point, where he had the trailer, so one more winter task is done. Once the guys take out the dock, my last job for the fall will be to mulch the leaves every few days. Dinner was easy: just leftover pot roast and rolls, heated up. We watched our usual TV until 8:00, then Evie went up to bed and I finished the second season of Lioness before joining her.
No comments:
Post a Comment