Saturday, October 10, 2026

A Morning For Duck Hunters


Hi there, Mr. Duck Hunter. It's My Lake Too

6:59

7:07

It’s 8:55, and I just returned from kayaking over to Long Point, across to the Power Boat Club, and back home. My new Apple Watch says I was out for 65 minutes, paddled 2.55 miles, and my heart averaged 70 BPM. I was up just before 7:00, awakened by duck hunters blasting away. It was 43º when I started out and should get up into the high 60s. It’s a bit overcast; the sunlight is muted, and the sky is mostly gray and white.

Kayak Morning

Geese And Sunrise

North

Heron Hanging Out On Woodlawn Boat Launch


Hi Guys

Friday was a good day because I woke up worried about two things, and both of them got done. The day began as usual, with a good paddle, writing the blog, and breakfast. The first worry was the key fobs for our KIA, which showed the batteries were almost dead; I changed one, and it made no difference. The second worry was that we had no hot water.

The hot water was easily fixed. I called the plumber, and he came by around 11:00, fiddled with one of the zone valves, and we had hot water. This was the second time he’d stopped by this week to help with heating. The key fobs were also remedied by driving to the KIA dealer in Erie, where they put in new batteries and showed me the right way to do it.

After that, I drove to Sam’s Club, joined again, and shopped for a half hour, coming away with a few things we needed. I was impressed by the variety, rivaling Costco. For lunch, I ordered pizza and a Pepsi from the Sam’s Club food court for $2.50. Afterwards, I stopped at a ramen restaurant on Peach Street and ordered two bowls to go for our dinner.

I was home by 12:30, happy with my morning but tired. Evie had been busy packing clothes she no longer wanted to donate to a free clothing place in Frewsburg. I napped for a bit, of course, and both of us took it easy the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately, when we tried to turn on the heat, it wouldn’t come on. We called the plumber again at 4:30 and left a message, thinking it was too late for anyone to do anything. Around 5:30, however, Phil, the owner, stopped by and worked through all the zones, making sure they were all working and we had heat and hot water. What a surprise. Let’s hope it holds.

We had our usual happy hour, with a glass of wine, the news, and no worry about dinner. We ate our ramen around 7:00, and there’s quite a bit left over for lunch today. We watched a couple of shows, and when Evie went to bed, I watched some WNBA basketball, then ended the night with The Mayor of Kingston on Paramount+. It was the end of quite a different day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...