Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Another Stellar Autumn Morning Of Sun And Blue Skies



6:29

8:27

It's 8:30, and I've been up since 6:30 and out on the lake at 7:15 for 70 minutes. It was a chilly 45º when I started, just as the sun was rising. It felt great to be out there after skipping yesterday morning. I wondered when I started my morning routine of kayaking and looked back at the blog, and I started kayaking most mornings unless the lake was frozen, since 2017. 

Kayak Morning

Into The Sunrise

Northern Sky

Through The Reeds

Along Bootey Bay

Caught Him

The Big Swallow

Head of An Eagle

Among The Reeds

Tuesday was not a fun morning. We were both up at 7:00 and off to the hospital at 8:00. I was having two procedures, both of which I have had before: a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Since they put me under, it was over before I knew it. We had to wait an hour and a half before they took me away. I woke in my room with Evie. The doctor stopped in and said all was well and I could go home in a half hour. We left around 11:00, and because I had not eaten since Sunday evening, we stopped at Burger King and took Whoppers, fries, and a root beer home. We sat in the TV room, watched an episode of ER, and loved our Whoppers and fries, the best fast food in this area. At least we think so.

Sunny Morning Drive To Jamestown

By 12:30, I was wiped out from everything over the past two days, so I went up and took a good nap, waking up feeling pretty good. Neither of us wanted to do much the rest of the afternoon, so I mostly read, taking a break to walk around the neighborhood. We had our glass of wine at 5:00 and listened to the news until it was time for dinner. Evie made one of my favorites, fried eggs over mashed potato pancakes. Along with corn on the cob, we were happy. We watched TV until we were tired and went to bed earlier than usual. I'm glad my day was over, and I look forward to getting back to my routine of kayaking, hiking, yoga, or biking.

Hunkering Down On Our Dock Yesterday Afternoon


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...