Monday, October 5, 2026

Dramatic Clouds And Sunshine


6:55

7:30

8:34

It's 8:43, and the sun keeps peeking in and out of the clouds. I spent 50 minutes paddling on a spectacular morning of clouds and sun. As I started out, the sky to the southeast was blue, with a blinding sun, while to the north, amazing banks of clouds hung over the lake.


Kayak Morning

Kayaking North

North

Long Point

Great Blue Heron

Sunday was another wasted day, except for my morning paddle, which lasted close to an hour. I was back by 9:00, and Evie already had our dinner made—a pot roast in the slow cooker. After finishing the blog, we sat down and made a list for Wegmans. I had my usual breakfast of yogurt and granola, then went for a walk around the neighborhood.

Victoria/Woodlawn

When I returned, we finished the shopping list, and I drove to Wegmans, leaving around 10:30. As usual, it was crowded, but since I didn't have much to buy, I was in and out quickly. I then stopped at Walmart and picked up a couple more pairs of sweatpants, which I like, for $17.95 each.

Looking Northwest

When I got home, I was hungry, and Evie made me eggs and bagels just as the Buffalo Bills game was starting. And that began hours of watching football.

Wow

The Bills played poorly and lost to the New England Patriots. The Chiefs, our second-favorite team, beat Las Vegas, but it was close. Afterward, we had dinner at 6:00: pot roast, vegetables, and mashed potatoes. Yum.

After dinner, we watched football until 8:00, when Evie went upstairs to bed. I watched another half-hour of Sunday Night Football until I'd had enough for the day, then watched another episode of Berlin ER before going to bed.

I think I must have sat on the couch for at least seven hours on Sunday, watching football on TV like most males in America. Sad-making.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...