Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Fog Rising On A 39º MorningI


6:51

7:01

7:23
\

7:36

It's cold out there, but it's a lovely morning, with increasing fog. I'm skipping a paddle because I have to be in Jamestown at 8:30 for a couple more tests. It should get up to 56º later today.

Yesterday was busy but not much fun, because I was prepping for a colonoscopy. If you've ever gone through this, you know you can't eat, and you have to take various drinks and pills to clean out your system. I did get in a good paddle before starting the routine, and I could have coffee with sugar, no cream. When I got back, I wrote the blog, and Evie proofread it before she left for kindergarten. Then I read the newspapers, but I wanted to do something. I checked the front yard, and the grass seemed dry, so I got out my electric mower and cut it. It took around 20 minutes, and it felt good to accomplish something.

Since I couldn't eat anything, I warmed up some chicken broth for lunch, then read and napped, bored with my day. Around 1:30, I mowed the rest of the yard because the grass had dried out. Evie was home by 2:30 and had a fun day at school. This year's class seems well-behaved, and the kids all seem ready to learn. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and listening to Evie tell me about her day, always fun.

Dinner was a couple more cups of chicken broth, and we watched some TV until 8:00, when Evie went up to bed. I watched a bit of Monday Night Football, then went back to my series, Lioness on Paramount+, before heading up to bed. Not much of a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...