Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Lazy But Sunny Morning


5:45
5:50
5:56
I was up in time to see the sunrise around 5:56.  I went out and sat on the dock so the view would be unobstructed by docks, boats, and trees.  Once the sun rises, it's so bright that a photograph does it little justice, especially on a cloudless morning like today.  It's chilly, 42º, but I have to say I like it. Warm days, cool nights and early mornings. Yep.

Yesterday morning we continued getting the little things done before the arrival of the boys, my grandson Nick and his two friends from Kansas City.  They should be on the road just about now, driving about 12 hours to Cedar Point today.  They will stay there overnight, spend Friday at the Park, then drive to the lake, leaving late afternoon, arriving here Friday night, mostly like around 9:00 or 10:00.  We cannot wait.

Even I was included in the cleaning up, as Evie gave me a much needed makeover, cutting my hair cut, trimming my beard, making sure I was presentable for the next few weeks.  The washing machine also seemed to be going most of the day, as all the beds needed clean sheets.  I had an eye doctor appointment at 11:00, so left early, stopping at Ryder's Cup to get some fresh eggs, then Walmart, the bank, Sam's Club, then an hour at the Spectrum Eye Care.  My eyes have changed slightly but I can get along with the current prescription and will think about getting new glasses in 2017 when my insurance kicks in once again.  I ended the shopping spree at Wegman's, picking up more essentials for the next week.  It seems as though we think of something else we need every day.  And Evie has yet to do the 'big shopping' for the week.

When I got home, Evie had been busy, putting together a Baked Ziti dish, freezing it along with sauce for a second Ziti whenever it's needed.  I made a fish taco for lunch, with coleslaw, and leftover baked potatoes, not bad.  The rest of the afternoon, I did some chores outside and Evie continued to work on thing inside, getting the house ready for the boys, for the summer actually.

a
 Late Afternoon Cloud Overload
We relaxed with a couple of glasses of wine around 5:30, enjoying the late afternoon sun play its tricks on the opposite shoreline.  And, of course, the clouds.  We never tire of looking at them. And for some reason, the barn swallows, who build their nests under the docks, were all in a tizzy, as at least 15 or 20 were skimming along the lake, then swooping into our yard, and back out to the lake.  It was the most activity we have seen on the lake.

Dinner was a rotisserie chicken, stuffing, and a salad.  We watched another Bill Maher Real Time, then the first half of the Cavs game.  For some reason, I have lost interest in the games even though it looked as though the Cavs were playing well.  Or maybe it's just I would rather read my book. Whatever, I went up stairs to read before half time and only found out this morning that the Cavs had won by 30 points.  Believe...maybe.

It's 7:15 and the barn swallows and some purple martins are both in a tizzy, swooping back and forth between their nests and houses.  What's up, fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...