Friday, May 15, 2015

The Sun Just Popped Out


7:04
8:02
It's 8:00 and I have been up for just an hour, having slept in like a baby until 7:00.  It was cloudy when I got up, but the sun has just appeared, filling the lake with its shimmery reflection.  About 7:30 I was outside taking a photograph when a boat next store started its motor and revved it up.  I looked up at our open bedroom window and I knew Evie would be getting up soon.  Bass boats arising, signs of summer.

Yesterday, like many yesterdays, was a blur.  It started with breakfast with four of the boys.  Since I did not have yoga, I had the special, an omelet with cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes, living it up. Jack was heading to Rochester for the day, as they have a week long lilac festival (over a 100 varieties) in Highland Park, a great arboretum like park.  We will have to remember this for next year.  We also talked to Rollie Kidder, one of the movers for a new sewer system around the lake.  It looks as if it may be a go if they can come up with state and federal funding.  The hope is that it will make Chautauqua Lake more healthy.  The only worry, how much it will cost taxpayers and whether they will vote for it in a referendum.  Chautauqua County is such a poor area that voting against a new system has to be a worry.

After breakfast, I came home and Evie was working around the house, organizing for our trip to Virginia.  I had some errands to run, so I drove to Ryder's Cup, bought a coffee and some fresh eggs, went to the bank, then drove downtown to Jamestown's AAA.  I picked up a few maps for our trip to Virginia and Connecticut but also maps of Texas, Dallas, and nearby states as our daughter Beth and her family will be moving to Dallas in mid June.  Even though Maps on my computer is great, I still like to have a physical map in hand.  I then stopped at Wegman's, picked up a salmon filet and spinach for dinner and was home time for lunch, a leftover sub and omelet from yesterday morning's breakfast.  And I watched some of the Golden State/Grizzlies game because I really like watching league MVP Stephen Curry play, an amazing 3 point shooter.

The Complete Angler
I then read some, tried to take a nap, then went out and cleaned the car, getting it ready for our trip.  It took about an hour.  Afterwards, Evie and I went on the dock to enjoy the sun though it was windy enough to need a fleece.  Evie fished some and believe it, she caught a two to three pound bass, just as big if not bigger than the one I caught a few days ago.  Around 4:30, Evie decided she needed some exercise.  Her kind of exercise is to cut the lawn so it looks amazing, rich and green.
Another Bass Beauty Caught on A
'Little Cleo' Lure

For dinner, we had salmon, garlic spinach, rice, salad and a nice cold glass or two of sauvignon blanc. We watched Rita, one episode left before turning to the last three quarters of the Cleveland Cavs blow out of the Chicago Bulls, a surprise because they lost their other great guard, Kyrie Irving in the first quarter.  I don't think they can win the title without him and for now, it's not clear how bad he's been hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...