Friday, May 1, 2015

Docks In On A Bright, Shiny Morning


6:22
Dinner With Our Neighbor, Mary Ann Miller
I was up just in time to see the sun rise, a cloudless sky, not a wrinkle on the lake, just the reflections of the shoreline.   It's 46º, may even get up to the 60's later in the day.  I am tempted to kayak immediately but I think I will wait until I finish this, perhaps have breakfast.  I don't have to head to yoga for a couple of hours (it's 7:10) so I have lots of time.  And Evie just got up but had to move to another couch because of the bright sun.  Life is tough.

Yesterday, again, was at least for me a wasted day as I hunkered down inside most of the day, neither hiking nor riding my bike despite the fact it was a fine day.  I did get to yoga in the morning, so it was not a completely wasted day, stopped for coffee, and I wonder if that counts as having done something active.  I doubt it.  When I got home, our plumber was there, fixing or trying to fix a faucet that does not stay on.  It turns off for no reason.  He took it apart, but was puzzled by the problem, so we may have to call Moen and get a new faucet as they guarantee their faucets for life.

Around 1:00, after a lunch of schnitzel sandwiches and lentil soup, Evie drove off to Lakewood, to return things and hit a number of stores, not her favorite thing to do but necessary.  I took a nap, read some, watched some taped NBA games until Evie got home around 4:00.

Putting In The Dock
We were expecting Chris and Billy around 6:00, as they wanted to put in our dock, the first to go in along Woodlawn.  I checked when it went in last year and it was on April 27th, four days earlier than this year.  We left at 6:00 to have dinner with our neighbor, Mary Ann Miller, leaving the dock to the boys.  Mary Ann was her usual welcoming and complimenting self, and seemed happy to have us over.  We had a pizza and salad from Andriaccio's, ice cream for dessert, as Mary Ann filled us in on her life the past few days.  She keeps busy with help from her aide, Kim, who makes sure she gets a walk in each day, that she eats, and stays safe, which is great.  We were back by 7:15, and the guys had just gotten the first few dock pieces in.  So for the next hour and a half, we watched the dock go in, making sure it was level and straight.  The water was really cold according to the guys even though they had wet suits on.  Chris put in the final piece, the ladder literally in the dark, around 8:45. We cannot wait to move some deck chairs out on the dock and enjoy a warm sunny afternoon on the lake.  If the wind  stays down, it may be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...