Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bird's Eye View


6:31

6:45
Evie was up before me, at 6:00 and I did not get up until after 7:00.  Will this be a new trend in our mornings?  I doubt it.  But the coffee was made when I came downstairs, and a few morning photos were already taken, so all I had to do was sit and drink coffee.  And I had my coffee with raw milk from the Pot O Gold dairy, which I bought yesterday in PA.  My first time for raw milk; the salesperson said it was amazing but I cannot really tell the difference.
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
Female  Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
I stuck with our morning routine yesterday, going to yoga though I am getting either bored or tired with it.  I think it's time to take a hiatus once my monthly pass ends.  I want to get outside more, do some hiking, taking advantage of the good weather.  After yoga, I hit the can man, returned our returnables and got a car wash on the Pilot.  Cars always seem to ride better after either a car wash or oil change?  Probably just in my mind.  So, I got home around noon, and Evie made me a chicken and avocado sandwich and I watched some DVRed basketball.  Unfortunately, I had to drive to Erie for an oil change or maintenance check for our Accord at 2:00, a forty five minute drive.  I was having some trouble with my brakes and wanted them checked.  Since I will be getting a new car in the next four or five months, I decided to drive and get a price check on a Honda EX, CRV, the mid priced version.  I really like it, in fact, loved it, with sun roof, heated seats, amazing camera for backing up and when you put on your turn signal, it shows you if any car is in the blind spot.  Plus it was roomy enough for someone my size, gets good mileage for a AWD car.  So, at this point, it's tops on my list though I have yet to drive a Suburu Outback or Forester, or a Prius SUV, other choices I will look at.  I got a price check, no haggling and it would cost me 29,000 out the door.  I am not sure if that's a good price or not.  The good news, my Accord seems in good shape; the mechanic cleaned the brake pads, and all seems well with my 2000 Accord.
Grosbeak and Downy Woodpecker
Good Morning, Buddy
After leaving the dealer, I took Interstate #90 to the Route 89 exit, where Orton's Fruit and Vegetable Stand sits.  They carry Pot O Gold milk, so as I mentioned earlier I picked up a half gallon of raw milk and returned 5 bottles from this past summer.  Unfortunately, they did not have any chocolate milk.  After the stop, I took the long way home, via #Route 20, stopped at a soft serve ice cream parlor for a small Reese's Cup Blizzard, small of course (don't tell Evie.)  I then stopped at Westfield Nursery, picked up a dozen ivy geraniums, pink of course, then headed home to the lake.  My last stop was the Smith Library, to return four books, all overdue two days, a bad boy.

Feeding Finch Frenzy
While I was gone, Evie spent most of the day in the yard, working on her garden and the beds around our house, getting it back in shape.  For dinner, we had city chicken, from Tuscany, this time it was ground veal and pork and more like a meatball then city chicken.  Evie made a lemon/celery sauce to put over it, some quinoa, asparagus and a salad, so we had a nice Monday night dinner.  We watched the Cavs on and off, in between Mad Men and The Good Wife.  The Cavs lost, did not play well, so it was disappointing but for some reason, expected as they never play well at first.  They need the pressure of having to win to play well.  We like Mad Men and The Good Wife looks as if Alicia will be going off on her own next season with her new love interest. The organ/roller skating scene from Mad Men was also memorable if not silly but somehow it worked, a bit of fun in an otherwise straight laced, uniform, bureaucratic new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...