Monday, May 4, 2015

Clouds and Sun On A Surprisingly Warm Morning (62º)


Looking North at 6:19
Looking South Towards Wells Bay at 6:19
6:41
6:52
Up at 6:20, just as the sun was rising though it was hidden by a heavy cloud hanging over Long Point.  Now, at 7:00, it has risen above the clouds, flooding the living room with light, the lake now a shimmery mass of water.  Canadian geese are honking, martins are singing and it must be spring for sure.

We got some things done yesterday, just not what we expected.  We did little in the morning other than have our coffee, finish the blog (a real hassle because I am having mega trouble downloading pictures onto my computer from my card).  Anyways, Evie made me an egg sandwich, fresh eggs from Janice, from Ryder's Cup and they are amazingly good.  Because of the trouble with my computer/camera, I had made an appointment with the Apple Store in Buffalo's Genius Bar at 12:45.  So, at 11:00, we drove the 75 miles to the Walden Galleria Mall, the second time in a month.  We assumed that I would have to get a new computer, that the problem was my Mac Air.  After about forty five minutes with the Apple advisor, a neat guy, he came to the conclusion that it was not the computer (good), but the glitch lay with Apple's photo app called Aperture (bad) because Apple has decided to stop supporting it.  Thus, if the program develops a problem, which seems to be true for may Aperture users, Apple will not supply a fix. Very Bad.  The genius did figure out a method for avoiding the problem with Aperture; it will just take an extra step or two to work around it.  Or we could use Apple's new Photos app but it has a very limited photoshop methods for playing with photographs, unlike Aperture which has all kinds of enhancing choices.  At least, we did not have to buy a new computer and have a way to still use Aperture until new apps come out for increasing the power of Photos.

On the way home, we stopped at Walmart, to pick up some mattes for family photos, and four new insulated 32 oz cups.  It made us think of our son-in-law Drew, who occasionally enjoys a huge cup of Diet Coke with a shot of bourbon.  Since we were in Fredonia, we stopped at the Tuscany market and picked up some city chicken for tonight's dinner and Evie found a cool insulated cup, with a top. She loves cups with tops and a straw. This cup can put in the freezer and then when you pull it out, it  does not need ice cubs. Technology rocks and we are obsessed with cups!

After Tuscany, I remembered there was a great nursery, about five miles west of Fredonia, so we drove along #20 to the nursery and Evie was able to get three clematis, one Mrs. Washington, and two Panticulas, the snowy white fall clematis.  Ours, which we had for at least ten years, died this past winter.  We then drove home on Old Mill Road, an interesting drive through small hamlets and farms.  We got home just after 4:00, in time for Evie to get some 'dock time' before it became to cool to sit outside.  I watched a bit of basketball until Evie came in.
Fishing at Dusk off of Long Point
We had what I would call a typical old fashion Sunday dinner, only a modern take, easier to make because we had a rotisserie chicken.  And  Evie made some packaged gravy, packaged dressing, mashed some 'real' potatoes, blanched some broccoli and we had a Sunday chicken dinner with all the fixins,  fit for two lazy retirees on a Sunday afternoon.

We ended up watching Nurse Jackie, The Daily and Nightly Shows, saving Mad Men and The Good Wife for tonight.  And I did not quite finish my book but I will today.
Full Moon Rising at 8:34
Today brings yoga early, then I have to take my Accord to the Honda Dealer in Erie for a check up and oil change.  They tell me if something is wrong; I then bring it back and have someone in the area fix it if there is a problem.  And I have been hankering for some Pot Of Gold milk, so I found a store in PA that sells it,  Ortion's Fruit Market, in North East, so I will stop there on my way home, taking the long way, via #90 to the New York line, then #20 to Westfield, then home.  It's longer but a nicer drive and there's an ice cream parlor in Westfield that I like and it should be open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...