Friday, January 17, 2014

A Bright Shiny Morning


7:30
8:00
Dusk Approaches at 4:35 Yesterday
Up around 7:00. fishermen already out on the lake, some clouds, 27º,  a tinge of blue skies.  It's now 8:20, the sun burns brightly on the lake, blue skies above, below, a vast whiteness, with what look like huge black birds( actually (fishermen) dotting the surface.  It looks like a fine day, and I cannot wait to get outside and either ski or hike some.

Yin yoga began my day yesterday, lots of ladies, one other guy, a good class, as always though I continue to be bothered  by either a pulled, strained, or torn groin muscle, something I did this past fall but it resurfaces occasionally, when I stretch too far, or ski to hard.  Evie was up early because she had an eye doctor's appointment at 9:00 in Lakewood.  Everything is fine though she might get some glasses, just to improve her sight slightly though the doctor said it's not really necessary.  She really likes the optometrist, one she visited perhaps ten years ago but he's retiring this year, alas.  Typical.

I got home around noon, made a lunch of leftover steak, mushrooms, and cheese, warmed it up, put it in a wrap, heated up the minestrone and I had a great, filling lunch.  Watched another episode of Banshee, a series that seems to alternate between violence and sex, a sure winner with the audiences. Evie did not get home till mid afternoon, spending a good part of the day shopping for glasses, then working out at the YMCA, then hitting Sam's Club before coming home.  I spent the afternoon reading, took a short nap, then decided I needed some exercise around 4:00 so I went out and cross country skied north on the lake, up to Whitney Bay and back, for about an hour.  I stayed within 15 yards of the shore line, no problems with the ice, and never came across an occupied lake front home on my journey out and back.
Cross Country Skiing to Whitney Bay
Empty Mc Mansions
Tip of Long Point (on the left)  From Magnolia
We decided to live it up and go out to the Seezurh House for dinner since we have not been there in at least a month.  It was quiet, typical for a Thursday night if the happy hour crowd has headed out, two or three tables filled in the bar.  Evie ordered her chicken sandwich platter, and I had the cheeseburger platter, both good.  It seemed strange to be there as a couple, without the McClure's, our usual partners in crime.  We were home by 7:45, in time to watch another episode of Top of the Lake, set in New Zealand by the way (two to go), and then some American Idol.  I am also becoming quite a fan of a bowl of ice cream in the evening, my current favorite, Panda Paws, edging out Bittersweet Sinphony.
A Cheese Burger Platter at Seezurh House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...