Thursday, November 14, 2013

Snow Covered But Warming Up


6:57
Awake at 6:00 but didn't get up till 6:15, knowing I probably couldn't get back to sleep and I wanted to see the morning sky as it changes.  It's 28º out at the moment, though it's getting up to 45ª later in the day, melting I assume most of the snow.

Yesterday was yoga Wednesday in Westfield, something I look forward to, mostly because it's a small class of three or four and I get lots and lots of attention.  It was a great morning to drive to Westfield, cold, snow covered vineyards, and partly sunny.  I did remember to bring my camera but the photos I took looked washed out.  Class was good, mostly things I had done before.  For some reason, I dislike the triangle pose, the warrior poses, have always disliked them, even in the Lakewood classes.  One more class next week and the fall classes are over.  I will probably not take any more classes from Dariel, going back to the Eight Limbs Yoga Studio in Lakewood though I would like to take another class next fall.  Once a week in the lovely days of fall seems just right.
Male Cardinal
A Fat Boy, Ready for Winter
I returned home around 1:00, after stopping at Tops, then the Smith Library, to pick up the last two volumes of the David Downing's series set in Berlin.  I am almost finished with Richard Russo's MOHAWK, so I will be immersed in Germany within a day.  Evie spent the afternoon in Lakewood, getting her hair cut and doing errands at various stores.  She mentioned that she had talked with a couple of salespeople about customers who dumpster dive because the various stores throw out lots of new products, some still in their packaging.  Interesting.  I don't think she partook.

Around 4:30, I went for another walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, the ground snow covered and wet, the trees and branches bare, the snow having melted.  The sun was setting as I walked, blinding at times until it dropped below the tree line leaving me in shadows.  A walk at this hour is a good habit to get into.  Let's see if I can keep it up.

For dinner, I picked up a couple of New York strip steaks, at Tops, supposedly at half price at 6:99 a pound.  Evie grilled them inside since my grill would not heat up for some reason (this happens about one out of three times so I am ready to get a new grill).  The steaks ended up being great, who needs to grill out side, and we had mashed potato pancakes, and a salad.  We watched two more episodes of The Enemy Within, a British series, that does not have a American point of view which is interesting.  They feel no need to be patriotic.

Breakfast in a half hour with the boys, then a hike somewhere, perhaps some more shopping to fill out the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...