Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Majestic Sunrise

7:13
Up at 6:30 to a slash of red sky, a lake of surface like cellulite, 32º at the moment, but colder and nastier over the weekend, just as we head West, good timing I suppose.

Yesterday was my last yoga class in Westfield.  I enjoyed the once a week classes but never looked forward to them like I do when I go to Eight Limbs in Lakewood.  Not sure why, perhaps the time, a three hour commitment, perhaps the class, where I rarely do a pose right but am learning how to do it right but slowly. It was fun to make the acquaintance of new people, most of them from the Westfield area, most know one another.  I assume I will take up classes in Lakewood, either in December when I return or wait for the new year.  It depends on the weather, how inviting the weather might be for hiking.

While I was at yoga, Evie made mega batches of cookies, some for our granddaughter Marlena to decorate when we get to Kansas City, chocolate chips for the entire family to enjoy as well.  The rest of the day was a blur, nothing special for either one of us, wrapping some presents for Evie, getting some packages ready to mail today, and I cleaned up the Pilot, getting it ready for our trip tomorrow morning.
We both regret that we have not been more active this week but it always seems that when we get ready for a trip, our hiking and walks suffer.

Evie put together a mushroom and sausage pasta sauce for dinner, with a salad, and we watched Stewart and Colbert and the first episode of a British series we had heard was pretty good called George Gently.  We were not impressed but one episode does not make an accurate criticism.  Just before we went to bed, we noticed the entire lake was lit by the full moon, shining and shimmering on the lake surface.

Breakfast with the guys in twenty minutes.  We both have to pack today but things are under control and we cannot wait to get to see Tom, Mary and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...