Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chores Are Done, So Let It Rain


Wintry Sky at 6:55
It's 6:30, a cloudy gray sky, the lake, too, and wet outside, definitely a winter looking sky.  It looks like a good day to stay inside, rain even snow forecast for some reason though the highs will be in the 40's.

Yesterday as predicted was a good day to be outside, partly cloudy during most of the day, the rain holding off until about 6:00.  I decided to go to yoga, thinking it would be good to get my body moving after a day in the car.  I brought my camera along to take a picture of the view from Hardscrabble Road and wouldn't you know it, it was overcast, the colors washed out, not like the previous weeks.  Class was small, the way I like it, only three of us so we all got lots of attention.  We worked up to a shoulder stand, with lots of props to make it so that we did not endanger necks.  We had blankets stacked against the wall, sticky mats, and a chair with a sticky mat on it.  It's hard to describe how these props were used but I decided it was something I was not much interested in trying, so I only went so far.  Still, class was good,  I felt energized and awake after it.  I stopped at Johnson' Pharmacy in Mayville to pick up a couple of prescriptions and at the Smith Library, to pick up a book I read about by Bill Russell, the Celtic basketball great, on leadership and a winning culture.  It sounded interesting.

When I got home about 1:00, Evie already had both yards cut and mulched and was half way through cutting them again.  I had lunch, read some, then went out to do a few chores on my list, raking the leaves in areas around the garage, to make sure the water did not get in.  We filled two large plastic bags with leaves, another garbage can with more, and I worked up quite a sweat as it was warmer than  I thought.   Anyways, by 3:00, both yards looked great, the leaves were raked and taken up the hill.  We both went in and relaxed, read some, watched TV before taking showers to get ready to go out to dinner with the Mc Clure's.
A Couple of Happy Gals, Ready To Dig Into The Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
They picked us up at 6:00 and drove us in rain, over to a practically empty Seezurh House, typical I guess for a Wednesday evening in the off season.  It was fun to be there, however, to be together with the McClure's, just like old times (a week ago), and talk about their trip to Boston, ours to Jill's home in Bristow.  They had the ribeye special on the chalk board, up a dollar from last year, now 10.99 and it was great, one of the more tasty and tender steaks  I have had in awhile, plus you get a salad and potato of your choice.  We all enjoyed our meals and I was still hungry at the end so I ordered their special pie, a chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie and the four of us shared it.  It was huge, and it was definitely a good idea to share it with them.  We got home about 9:00, in time to watch Stewart and Colbert, then go up to bed to read.  I am starting the fourth book in David Downing's Berlin series, this one called Potsdam Station, set as WW II is just about ending, April of 1945.

It's now 7:10, the sky is getting light enough to take a photo, Evie's up and we both are wondering what happened to the birds.  When we left, we had lots of them at our two feeders and the past two days, nary a bird.  My theory is the osprey must have scared them off for awhile.  I hope them come back because we just bought 50 pounds of sunflower seeds.  Time to get ready for breakfast in Bemus Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...