Thursday, April 12, 2012

Heading to Effingham, Kansas City, Then Scottsdale

6:12

Evie's Dad and Dot, April, 2011


April, 2011, at Jean's home

Easter, 2011
We are off early this morning for Effingham, IL, our first stop on our drive to Kansas City.  It's our usual stop, at the Hampton Inn and dinner at the Lone Star Steak house.  We usually end up meeting someone interesting at the bar.  The sky is amazing, getting us ready for Arizona, with slices of pink and threatening black clouds hovering over the pink.  It's 32 degrees out and looks like a good day for a road trip.  KC weather looks warm and windy, at least for Friday.

Yesterday, the snow stuck around for the morning, but melted by the afternoon.  I went off to Smith Library to return my books.  I have decided to take only my Kindle on this trip; I have at least three books on it that I can read and all should be good reads for a vacation, depending upon my mood.  Later in the afternoon, we went into Lakewood, to stock up a Weggies for our trip, did some shopping at Bon Ton and took some money out of the ATM.

We bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner, to go along with baked potatoes and a salad.  Evie's going to make sandwiches for our trip tomorrow, so we don't have to stop at a fast food for lunch.  There's not a lot of choice on the road, burgers and fries and a coke, or some variation of that.  Nothing is healthy at these chains.  I have to admit I do like a Mc Donald's for breakfast, but since we don't like to go into a restaurant and sit down to eat, I get tired of fast food quickly on a road trip.  It's about the only time we do eat fast food, which might not be true for most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...