Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Lazy Sunday Ahead

7:35

One Year Ago Today
Up later than usual, about 7:30, to a well lit house, cloudy skies, lots of white outside, on both the lake and lawn, though just a dusting.  I am sitting here listening to the Sunday Edition puzzle with Will Short, something my Mom used to enjoy when she was out here at the lake.  Evie's working on Words With Friends, I have my bowl of yogurt, granola, chia seeds, and blue berries, so all is well with the world

Yesterday, I went to yoga, Evie to the Y.  Unfortunately, I thought yoga was at 10:00 but it really started at 9:30, so I interrupted the group (bad boy), and though I joined in, I did not enjoy it much.  The teacher was new, not very patient or interested, the other three were all new, so he took little time or interest in them.  I think he teaches master yoga classes, so we were a bit beneath him.  And I don't think he liked my barging in, though I meant no wrong.  He also allowed me do some of the exercises in the wrong way without correcting me.  Having an empathetic and interested teacher is so important, whether in the classroom or yoga session or life.

We did have enough snow, mostly drifts yesterday, that we had to shovel our parking area.  It actually felt good to be outside shoveling, something we have not done much of this winter.  We then walked up the hill, to get a little exercise before going out to dinner with Ron and Linda.  We took them to the Rod and Gun Club for the first time, and we all enjoyed it quite a bit.  We had fun at the bar, gambling a bit, losing about ten bucks I think, then we all went in and had the prime rib special, the girls' the queen's cut, the guy's the king's cut.  Neither of us had had prime rib in quite awhile, so we really enjoyed our meals though we both took home doggy bags.  We stayed long enough, till 9:00, to listen to the band, as the Club has entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.  We were surprised when about twenty people jumped up and went to the dance floor, many of them around our age.  We sat through three or four numbers, danced once (that was enough), and went home for the night.  Evie and I watched another episode of Mad Men before going to bed, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...