Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ah Snow, At Last

7:25

Pines in Victoria Woods

Rusting Vehicle in Woodlawn Woods
Darkness at 6:30, about 24 degrees out side, but now it's light yet I cannot make out the eastern shoreline, as all is white, with a light dusting of snow on the ground, with 3 to 5 inches to come. It's hard to tell if it's snowing out or just foggy or just not enough light to see Long Point.

Yesterday was another yoga day; Evie worked out at the gym and we then went to the Independent Bookstore and Ryder's Coffee Shop in Lakewood.  I found out that my yoga teacher's aunt runs the coffee shop and she works in the bookstore.  We bought a couple of things there, hoping to support local businesses and had a cup of coffee.  Yoga was better, more into my body, less interested in the thoughts swirling around in my head.  My favorite pose was the final warm down, as we put our legs up against a wall, torso resting on the ground, and stayed there for about ten minutes.  Surprisingly comfortable, with no stress on the back.  My most difficult pose is when I have do stances involving standing on one foot; my balance is terrible and I need a wall.

I did take a great hike about 4:00, bush whacking, as my buddy Ron Armontrout calls it, not following a path but blazing a trail through the woods, of Woodlawn and Victoria.  In the woods of Victoria, there's a huge ravine, filled with downed trees, which I had to walk around to get back to the main road.  It's great fun walking in new woods, finding a trail back to where you started.  I cannot wait till my granddaughters get here next week so they can go with me.

We had my sister Ellen's salmon and garlic spinach for dinner and watched the first three hours of Mildred Pierce.  I knew very little about the story, so I was a bit surprised by the story line and the setting, in California in the 1930's.  The daughter is marvelously detestable, smirking and judgmental.  We both had mixed emotions, not liking it much.  It's not very uplifting, yet we stayed with it.  And, whenever Kate Winslett is in a movie, there are the requisite sex scenes, tiresome and cliched.

1 comment:

  1. I am not naughty!!! I will do face time later. I can do my blog on my 3DS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...