Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Early Morning Sun and Cold, For Now

v
Our Village of Arnavutkoy, in Istanbul, 1973

7:07
The downstairs was filled with light when I got up at 7:05, a surprise, as usually I am up before it rises.  A couple of fisherman were on the ice, about 100 yards off of Victoria, the sun silhouetting their figures, the ice shimmery behind them.  Evie and I sit here, listening to Morning Joe, their take on the nuttiness of the Republican candidates talk this past week.  Even Joe thinks the candidates have lost it and he's a Republican.  It doesn't matter though; almost half of America will vote for whoever wins the Republican nomination, regardless of his beliefs, and just a few independents will decide who wins.  Scary.  Not sure why I am thinking about politics this early, as it only upsets my zen/yoga like calm.

Not much happening these days, this week, this month, so we are looking for things to do.  Yesterday was Yoga/YMCA day, my last day unless I decide on another month.  I had a difficult time as my various body parts would cramp as I tried a pose, from my toes, to calves, to thighs, making it not much fun as I had to sit out quite bit.  This is the first time it's been so severe, perhaps I need to eat more bananas.  I did talk to a women, a retired teacher from Falconer, who lives in the cluster of homes at the end of Lake Side Drive, contiguous with Long Point Park.  Her house is the Arts and Craft home which was moved about 1000 yards, from it's spot on the lake, back into the woods.  Evie and I have always admired it, thinking it more attractive than the new house that went up in its place.

Later in the afternoon, I went to the CI, walked a bit, picked up a couple of books and videos, talked with Deborah, the librarians for a bit.  She always envies the freedom of Evie and me to do what we like while she is stuck inside.  I did walk down to the Bell Tower, a ferocious wind pounding waves against the shoreline, the entire south basin open and filled with white caps.  There also appeared to be a large beach, a sign the lake may be at an all time low.

We had left over chicken and noodles for dinner, salad, and watched a couple more episodes of Mad Men and a bit of the Kansas/Oklahoma State game.  I also talked with Tommy; he is in Palm Springs for a couple of days for a conference.  Beth and Rami also returned home last night from Big Sky.  I have not talked with them yet but I am sure they had a good time.  Lots of snow it looked like.

We also have been making bread the last two mornings; yesterday, it was Elizabeth David's English loaf and we started the sponge for Sour Dough Adama Bread, from Bernard Clayton.  We just put it  together this morning, will bake it after our hike.  Yesterday's English Loaf was great, especially with 'ample butter.'  Yum.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...