Monday, February 6, 2012

Clear, Cold, Another Beautiful Morning on the Lake and Walking Rails to Trails

7:50


I cannot believe the weather lately, lots of sun, mild temperatures for this time of year, in the 20's the last two nights, but in the high 30's or low 40's during the day, with clear skies, a lake ice covered, blue or gray, depending on the sun.  I am conflicted on whether I would prefer a winter with mild, clear sunny weather like this, which is so unusual for our area, or the more typical winter weather, of lots of snow, near zero temperatures, snow storms, the winter works.  I know what snow mobiliers would prefer as this has been a terrible winter for them.  I am not even sure they have been allowed on the trails this winter and if things don't pick up, it may be a winter in which the trails have never been opened, unheard of at least in my modest memory of winters.

Old Barn/Garage in Mayville
Yesterday morning, we took a walk on the Rails to Trails path in Mayville, walking south on it to the lake, that back through the village of Mayville, to Tops for sour cream, to our car, out past Mayville, just beyond the cemetery.  It was a good day to walk, crisp and clear, and it's always fun to walk new areas, even in town, to see the old houses, the different styles, to imagine the way it must have been 50 years ago when the town was still prosperous and growing.

Cat on Dock Pieces
Evie spent much of the afternoon playing Words With Friends and talking with the granddaughters on Face Time (they are getting pretty good at calling us and we love it), and I am into CUTTING THE STONE, on my Kindle, really enjoying it.  The Bissell girls' were excited about the Super Bowl and Hayden kept texting Evie, trying to convince her to cheer for the Patriots.  We had tacos for dinner, an easy favorite dinner, and we both actually stayed up to the very end and watched Eli lead the Giants to victory.  I wanted the Patriots to win because I like Tom Brady but I thought the Giants would probably win because of the weak Patriot defense and the poise of Eli Manning at the end.  And that's how the game ended up.

It's Monday morning, so I have Yoga at 10:00, and Evie will work out at the YMCA.  And, because it's so beautiful out, I want to go for a walk or hike in the woods, perhaps Long Point later today.  Evie's been busy already, making meat balls, lots of them, then freezing them for easy use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...