Friday, May 6, 2011

Morning Orange Sky

Early May Sunrise on Lake Chautauqua

Awoke at 5:00, got up at 5:30 and watched the sky gradually lighten, turn orange, then blue and gray as the sun rose.  It's 38 degrees outside and it looks like a decent day, sunny this morning, clouding up this afternoon, with the possibility of rain.

We caught up on THE GOOD WIFE and GLEE last night; I think we must be one of the few retirees to watch GLEE, and I actually don't know anyone other than us that watches it.  Is there something wrong with us that we actually like this show?  Like any show, some are better than others; those that have a theme or message to send seem more interesting to me though some may object to the obviousness of the idea.  Last night it was embracing our faults, our weaknesses, the things we don't like about ourselves and realizing that they are what make us unique and interesting.  A bit corny and obvious I suppose but true.

Saw our first heron this morning, on the dock next door, with a six inch fish in it's mouth.  It dropped it on the dock, picked it up again, and flew away to it's nest, to feed it's young if they have hatched yet.  It may be too early.

I have two light reading books to go and then I hope to be serious for a few weeks, read a Lincoln biography, then a history of the Civil War, then GONE WITH THE WIND, which I downloaded for free on to my Kindle.  We'll see if my resolve actually matches my actions.  I have to be in the right mood for this; I was when I left, starting Lincoln, really into it, but I decided it would not be good vacation reading so I put it off.  I hope I can pick it up again with the same interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...