Sunday, May 29, 2011

Breezy and Warm Morning

Approaching Storm at Dusk
I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning, a first for me in quite awhile.  It didn't rain during the night but everything was covered with dew, as it's getting a lot warmer the next couple of days, going into the 80's for the first time this spring, if I am not mistaken.  It's been a busy morning for Evie, getting food ready for our picnic tonight, a very complicated strawberry pie, with a crust between a pie and shortcake.  It looks amazing.  We also made Hawaiian macaroni salad, very simple, mayo, grated onions, milk, macaroni, and salt and pepper.  And we are making the Butter Burgers from Cuisine at Home: you make up a spice butter roll, of various condiments, and put it on the cooked burger.  And we are having Ellen's green beans, yum.

I am going to ride my bike again at the CI, hit the library, perhaps the gym, then home for my Sunday breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast, the best meal of the week for some reason.  It must be the bacon, and eggs with toast.  I think I am hungry.

We watched BLUE VALENTINE last night, not much of upper but the two leads, Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling were superb.  It's about a  couple breaking up, with flashbacks to how happy they were during their courtship and early year, contrasting it with how they just cannot live with each other now.  An interesting premise, comparing the romance of first love with the reality of married life, though they are the extremes, neither particular stable, their lives and careers a mess, and all the holds them together seems to be their love for their daughter.  Don't look for a happy ending, just a real one.

It's almost 83 degrees outside, and I have just finished my late breakfast or lunch watching Charles Osgood's Sunday Morning  Show as I ate, a tradition.  It's a great show and the talked to the  writers of THE BOOK OF MORMON, also SOUTH PARK creators, and they were really interesting, irreverent of course, but not obnoxiously so.  I would love to see the show but it's supposedly sold on for months.  Amazing.

I went to the CI for a bike ride again, ran into Rob Austin and family as I rode, on their way to the Bell Tower Beach.  I gave him a hard time about driving a Suburban, just the kind I thing I used to do with him as a student almost 25 years ago.  I then shot around at Turner for awhile, did some yoga, not much, took a shower and came home for the big breakfast.  It's almost too warm outside for me, sunny and a bit hazy, as well as humid, but Evie's out on the dock reading so I will head out after I dry the dishes and get the beer iced up for Ron and Linda.  Though it's hot, it's infinitely preferable to the constant rain of the past month and a half, humid with no wind, 84 degrees, and inside it's only 74, very pleasant to read and laze around.  The lake, however, is very busy,  very strange after almost 7 months of little if any activity.  Lots of fishing boats next store, some pontoon boats, numerous jet skis and it looks like lots of boats are docked down to our south at Sandy Beach, the usual spot for docked boats, loud music, and beer drinking.  How lucky we are not to live near them.  It's starting to cloud up so we might get some rain tonight; it would be nice if it cools things off but it may just make it more humid.

Sitting on the dock is much too uncomfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...