Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Home Again: Sunny KC to Rainy Cleveland

Jean's Pontoon Boat 

Enjoying the spring

Marlena Swims in May
A sunny morning, as we are up early, so we can see Nick off at 6:50, with a protein smoothy, his most recent breakfast food.  Lots of fruit, yogurt, bananas, and protein powder make it delicious, filling, and healthy.  Marlena got up around 7:00 but doesn't leave till 8:20, a lucky girl.  Tommy was going to play basketball early this morning but his back has been bothering if so he's sleeping in.  He is usually off by 7:30.  Jean's offered to drive us to the airport this morning, giving Mary a break.  She will be here around 9:20, as our flight leaves at 11:47.  Although it's nice here, it looks like it's going to be cool and rainy in Cleveland, what else, and what a contrast to Scottsdale.  This has certainly been ten days of contrast.  Chautauqua looks no better, with rain forecast for the next few days.  It's been rainy spring in many parts of the Mid West  as they just opened a two mile gap in a levee here in Missouri to avoid the flooding of some river towns like Cairo much to the regret of farmers whose land's will be flooded.  Why do people continue to build on these flood plains?

Sitting in the airport, waiting for our flight, tired of reading, not much else to do but surf the Internet and write on my blog.  Jean picked us up around 9:30 and we made good time, around 50 minutes to the airport, with little traffic.  We bid Nick farewell early and walked Marlena to he bus at 8:30 with Bella.  She sure is a happy girl.  I tried to get Nick to trade me his new Android phone for my old one but no deal.  He loves it, as do most of the kids, when they get a new gadget, phone or box.  I have to admit I 'm the same way, loving my MacBook Air though phones don't really interest me other than a means to communicate.  I don't care about music, apps, or pictures on it; in fact,  I get so for calls that I might as well turn it off most of the time.

Jean' Lake Tapaswingo Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...