Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Sun Day

Leisure Sunday on the Lake
It was 45 when I got up, about 5:30, the lake a shimmery orange, the sky gradually getting lighter as the sun arose.  It looks like another nice day, in fact, it will be in the 70's later in the week, with no rain until Friday.  Our driveway and road, still heavy with puddles my actually dry out by the end of the week.

Lots of little errands today, put my martin house in the water again, get my tire fixed, pick up a new dock piece, and somewhere in there, go for a walk in the woods of Long Point Park, hopefully to see some interesting wildflowers.

Last night's chicken was mediocre as the beer can holder was too tall for the grill, so I had to roast it in a pan on the grill.  The white meat was moist and good, the dark meat a bit stringy for some reason.  And the rub I put on was non existent, so I had to salt and pepper my serving.  Obviously, I have yet to perfect the 'great roast chicken' recipe.  I will keep trying.

Not quite the day I expected though I did get the martin house up, and we have already seen some martins flying around the house.
  I had to take both cars in unexpectedly, with a nail in the tire of one, and I needed a new battery for the other.  Fortunately, it was still on warranty, with one month to  go, so I got a new one free.  We worked in the yard, cleaned the garage, got some summer chairs down from the attic, and both of us read in the yard.  It feels so good to have a blue lake, sunshine, and some warmth in the area so you can sit outside.  The high today was in the low 60's, but it will get warmer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...