Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slovenian Flag Flies Proudly Over Lake Chautauqua

When I got up this morning it was 12 degrees outside, with a light snow, not much else and the winwas already blowing.  We just got back from shopping, picking up a pork loin for tomorrow when Cassell's stop by for dinner, and a few things at the store.  We then went to Turner Gym and worked out for about an hour, perhaps a bit more and it felt good to do something physical.  I did a few yoga poses as well, and shop hoops for about 15 minutes, so I got a varied workout.  Evie likes the elliptical the most, and the rowing machine, so that's where she spends her time.  Had breakfast with the boys this morning at the Bemus Point Inn, and all are back in town, had great holidays, and I enjoy being with them quite a bit, though they all have the Institute as a point of interest, like I would have if I were with Reserve faculty.  Stan invited us over for food and drinks tonight because Miami of Ohio is playing in the GODADDY BOWL, whatever that is.  We  thought we would go because we would meet more new people.  Aren't we getting social!  Not really. 

It's almost 4:30 and the sky is either clouding up or it's already getting dark.  Evie has spent the afternoon arranging and rearranging our living room, driving herself nuts, because it will never be quite right, like a Turkish carpet, it will always have a flaw because only Allah is perfect.  I am thinking of going out and snow shoe on the lake for a bit and hope I have better luck than my cross country skiing yesterday when my skis got wet just as I crossed on to the lake, froze immediately, and I could not move.  I had to take them off and walk back off the lake, bring them into the house, to melt.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...