Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Snow on an Early Morning

Nineteen degrees out, and there's a three inch layer of new snow; it's also snow a bit, and we can expect another couple of inches during the day.  I am up early because I have a stress test this morning in Westfield, so I have about a half hour ride north.  I hope the roads will be cleared.  I should be home by noon, as it takes 3/4 hours, lots of laying around waiting for this and that.  I have had them a couple of times before so I know what they are like.  I have to mention two movies we saw recently, THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT and EASY A.  I have to say they were both disappointing, as if Hollywood cannot make a movie without yucking them up with stupid sex, vulgarity, and grossness.  The EAST A especially was one cliche after another, from the kids, to the obnoxious parents, to the lead female, someone we were sick of after ten minutes.  I did like Mark Ruffalo's character in THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT, and the kids were good enough.  But the two mothers were so silly, so cliched, tried so hard to be a normal couple, that we tired of them.  Maybe we are just getting old but neither was much of much interest, alas.

Finished my stress test around 10:30, got my blood test, and was home by 11:30. Since then, it has been snowing almost constantly, as I have been sitting here, birding, reading, listening to NPR and reading my book, almost 700 pages so far.  I like a day like this because, as I look at the lake, I can only see so far and the far side is a slight shadow on the horizon.  We hope to go snow shoeing soon, probably through the campground, which should be fun, no one around, lots of pines up into the woods. Tonight we are having tilapia on spinach for dinner since Ron and Linda, with whom we were going to meet for dinner, stayed in Murraysville another day because of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...