Monday, January 3, 2011

A Calm, Easy Monday

We decided to put off our trip back to the lake for a day, to the delight of our grandchildren; it's always nice to hear how much they want us (Evie, mostly), to stay.  The parents go along with it nicely as well.  It's always amazing to see the change in Tyler on school days, with tie an khakis on, so grown up looking.  He goes off with Rami as their trains are about the same time.  Mitch leave early too and we were happy to see him wearing the KREW hoodie we gave him for Christmas.  He has very definite tastes and I think we hit the bulls eye on this one.

Not too much on the agenda today, a much colder day, perhaps a trip to Costco, help Beth reorganize her house after the hordes, and a few walks with Cody; he missed me yesterday, giving me the stink eye every time I walked by.

The boys leave around 7:00 but Marisa doesn't have to walk to the bus till a little after 8:00, which is nice for her because she gets some special time with Beth, and today with Evie and me.  She is a delight in the morning as well, happy and excited to head off to school.

After taking for a walk, we took off for our traditional Costco splurge, ending up with a mattress pad/foam/gel for our bed, some towels, and a few miscellaneous. We then hit Sports Authority, as Beth needed to return some things; Evie picked up some workout tees, I think, and I abstained.  Then, on to Barnes and Noble, where I now sit, drinking coffee as Beth and Evie hit TJ for the second time in two days.  Evie said 'no clothes shopping' and it has already been at least 45 minutes.  O, well, I am happy happy, that I am here, and not there. It's a beautiful day out, too bad we are spending it in side shopping but we have to stock up for the winter.

Kids are all home, popcorn snack made, and Evie's breading the pork chops and putting together a homemade macaroni and cheese, my request. Marisa is doing her homework; Tyler came home with all A's on his exams, and Mitch is playing with his Iphone apps.  A happy household once they all got their snacks.

It's 8:40 and I am watching the Stanford/Virginia Tech game after a great dinner of breaded pork chops and macaroni and cheese; Tyler devoured a couple of chops and all the kids enjoyed it.  Tyler then had a music lesson at 7:30 and I put Marisa to bed, told her a bad bad boy story, as Evie helped Mitch put a tree sticker on his wall.  It's really cool; Marisa has love and peace stickers on hers.  Ramiro has had to work late and he's not home yet, so he missed the 7:30 train.  I don't envy him his train rides back and forth, especially knowing that he has to head back in tomorrow at 7:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...