Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cooling It In Bristow, VA


After Dinner
Roses In The Neighborhood
I was awake at 5:45, the sun filling the bedroom because I forgot to close the curtains.  My trusty dog Coco next to me, sleeping under a pillow, lost to the world.  I did not get up till 6:15, made my coffee, let the dog out, grabbed my computer and I have been sitting here for close to an hour, Coco snuggled up against my leg.  Evie's up and Hayden as well; she's got about a half hour to have breakfast and get ready for school.  I remember those days, of getting up late, rushing around, afraid you might be late.  No more.

Yesterday was the last of the mid summer Bristow days for awhile as its cooled off considerably overnight.  Because of the heat and humidity, we once again stayed indoors for much of the day.  I took Coco for an early morning walk, of course, and he was a reluctant camper much of the way, not sure why.  He was parched when we returned, but did not seem to want water or food.  He wanted to just lay outside in the sun which was worrying to Evie, afraid he might have heat stroke and die on us.  So she brought him inside, got him fresh water and food and he finally drank and ate.  Catastrophe avoided.
After School Snack
My computer has been really slow  lately, not sure why, whether it was the computer or wifi, so I drove off to Starbucks, had a coffee, and worked on my computer arranging pictures for about an hour.  It was the wifi because I had no trouble at Starbucks.  I have the same trouble at the lake, so I might have to get the high speed Internet from Time Warner for an extra ten bucks a month.  Starbucks was filled with mom's with kids, guys on computers, with headphones, conducting business, a cheap office I suppose.  I wonder how many are regulars, and if Starbucks has a policy about overstaying.

We did not do much the rest of the day, had lunch of leftover tacos and watched a rerun of The Daily Show.  Basically, we waited for the  girls to come home by reading, watching some TV, and surfing the Internet.  Hayden got home around 3:30 and I  took her to an appointment at 4:00, about 15 minutes away.  The appointment was for an hour so I stopped at a local shopping center, wasted a half hour at Foster's Grille, a local characterless bar with a beer, bought a few things for dinner at Harris Teeter, then picked up Hayden and I was back by 5:15.

Needs Tidying Up
When I got home, Halle had just returned from a workout with the Bristow Run Running Club after school, and had friend over, helping with her math homework at the kitchen table.  Hayden, the good girl that she is, did not relax but put on her workout clothes and went downstairs for forty five minutes to do the Insanity workout.  She came up drenched in sweat and went up to take a shower.
Yogurt With Fresh Fruit, A Granny Snack
For dinner, we had tilapia, green beans, fries and salad and Hayden was famished, finishing up both Halle and my fries. Even though she can really eat, she's like a stick.  After dinner, Hayden got down to work,  stayed at it until about 9:45, working on a Spanish project.  She has one of those big statewide tests today in math, but she does not  seem to worried about it.  Halle had her work done so she was happy to have one of the last Nutty Buddy ice cream cones.  I watched the first half of the Warriors/Rockets game before going up to bed to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...