Thursday, October 15, 2015

Orange And Blue Sky, Gray clouds (Dock Is In)


6:57
7:00
7:34
7:38
It's 6:50 and I have been sitting here in darkness for an hour.  About ten minutes ago, the opposite shore began to appear, the sky blushed, a few long, bat like clouds hover over the shoreline. The colors are at their best early, and as we get close to the sun rising, they lose their pop. It looks like a 'terrific' morning (I sound like Donald Trump) on the lake.  It's chilly, 39º, and believe it or not, snow is forecast for Saturday evening, Sunday morning.  Fortunately, or unfortunately for Evie who loves it, we will be in Virginia visiting our daughter Jill for the weekend.

Yesterday, at least for me, was another lost day at the car dealer.  I went to get a couple of things fixed on my car, which I knew were a problem from having it checked at the Honda dealer in Erie. Well close to two hours later, they said I had two problems, both which I had already mentioned, and they said they had no idea how much it would cost to fix them and suggested I go to a muffler place. To top it off, they charged me 90 bucks to tell me what I already knew which they couldn't fix.  I complained, got them to half the price, for checking the car and putting a sealer on the hole on a muffler pipe.  Anyways, it was typical car maintenance frustration, and I am not going back there again.  I better get used to this if I keep all three of our cars.  Afterwards, I had numerous stops, at the library, at Wegman's, the bank, and a hardware store to get a key made.  Not my favorite kind of morning.

Meanwhile, Evie was in the kitchen all morning, at first waiting for me to get home, then giving up, knowing I would be sitting at dealers for a couple of hours.  So, she put together close to 50 cabbage rolls, covering them with tomato sauce and sauerkraut, then baking them for an hour and a half.  She also put together her famous vegetable soup, with lots of cabbage.  Half of the soup, half of the cabbage rolls will go with us this weekend, when he travel to Virginia.  When I walked in the house from shopping, the smell of both the cabbage rolls and soup filled the house.  The kitchen, of course, was a mess, so I helped do a quick clean up, as Evie was beginning to lose gas, understandably.  And that was it for the day for both of us.

Long Point at 4:00 pm
We spent the afternoon taking it easy, reading, watching TV, napping and feeling guilty that we did not feel like going for a walk or kayaking.  Sometimes it just feels good to veg out.  I did sample the cabbage rolls, had some soup for lunch, both tasty.  And I cannot wait till Friday night at Jill's when we can have the cabbage rolls, with mashed potatoes of course.  I went out and raked some leaves around 4:30 because the boys were coming to take out our dock.  We sat down with a glass of wine around 5:30, waiting for the dock boys, who did not arrive till 6:00.  It took them about an hour and half to take in our dock, and it was pitch black when they finished.  Summer is officially over.  Dock is in, boat is winterized and stored.  Bring on winter.
Bringing In The Dock
We waited until the boys left to have dinner, a salad of salmon, hard boiled eggs, and avocados, with some garlic bread, made with a Toum, a garlic paste of four or five garlic heads, oil, lemon juice and water which Evie made in between the soup and cabbage rolls. We jumped around trying to find something worthwhile to watch on TV and ended up watching The Daily Show and Stephen Colbert, just like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...