Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Grays---Get Used to Them! Can't Wait to See Hayden and Halle

7:45
Seven year old Halle

Ten Year Old Hayden

Up at 7:00, to an inch or two of snow, a gray sky and a cold house and outdoors, 23 degrees, about the coldest its been this month.  Listened to "You Bet Your Garden," a NPR program I always have on, listen to sporadically because I dislike the voice and the narrator Mike Mc Grath, but it's become part of the Sunday morning routine so I just carry on.

We had duck last night, bony and sparse, not quite the duck we had last year.  I guess there is a difference when you buy a duck from Aldi's not Wegman's besides the price.  We spent most of yesterday cleaning, or Evie did, and getting organized for our trip to Virginia for the holidays.  We are in good shape so today should be easy, packing and making sure the house is in order when we leave.  We both like to come back to a clean house, beds made, clothes put away, kitchen spic and span.

Yesterday was the day of phone calls, as I talked with both of my sisters, my son Tom, and Evie talked with her Dad and sister Claire.  It's the most I have talked on the phone in months if not years.  E mail certainly takes the place of phone calls these days, whether that's good or bad I am not sure.  Things change, get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...