Friday, December 2, 2011

(Just) Another Friday (Better?)

6:57
7:27


7:47
Another amazing sunrise, a bit warmer, in the low 30's, as I sit here reading, writing my blog, watching the sunrise change the colors of the lake and sky, almost instantaneously.  Will I ever get tired of looking at it?  I hope not.

Yesterday was a bit of a waste, as I stayed home most of the day since we had to be home to get our new Visa card, as someone had used our card recently, charging a couple of hundred dollars in airline tickets. The card company just wiped it off my bill, no questions, cancelled the card and sent me a new one via FedEx the next day.  They must be making mucho bucks to so easily absorb the cost and send me a new one.  But, hey, they are the job creators so what can I say.  Evie spent the day at the mall, or most of it, getting caught up on Xmas shopping, returning things, hitting TJMaxx, of course.  She ran in to an old friend of ours, Trouty Heil, who we used to see all the time at Bud's back in the late 80's, early 90's.  They now go to Roberto's, the old Ironstone in Jamestown, and they love it, feel at home, so we are going to have to try it.  Her husband, Gene, played in the three on three tournament at Bemus back in the 90's with Mike, the owner of Bud's, and Rich Holzheimer, my brother in law.  As I recall, we did better than expected until we got tired, at least that's the way I want to remember it.

Evie brought home a chicken to roast, with mashed potatoes and broccoli, my favorite dinner, so it was a good night, great food and a good movie, HEAVEN by a German film maker Tom  Trysky, something like that, who made a couple of my favorite films, one was RUN LOLA RUN.  It's interesting how much more serious European films are than American, which tend, I think, towards silliness and pleasing the audience, not all, mind you, but most

Today,  I want a nice walk over at Long Point Park, before the rains and snow comes, then later, we may head off to the Rod and Gun for dinner, perhaps tip a few at the Souther Tier Brewery, on our way to Lakewood.  Actually, we may just stay home for dinner.  As you can see, when you are retired, these are the kinds of 'big decisions' you have to make...where and what to eat.  Terrible.

We did walk Long Point, the snow hitting our faces as we walked, something we love for some reason.  And we ventured down a hillside, covered with vines in summer almost impassable, but navigable now which was fun, new territory to explore so to speak, by the black walnut trees.  Few people were out, just us and the outdoors.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...