Saturday, September 12, 2026

Saturday Morning Sunshine


Enjoying A Beer At The Rod And Gun Club

6:23

8:13

It's 8:30, and I've been up since 5:30, taking it easy with a cup of coffee for over an hour before I ventured out on the lake, the sky a fantastic collage of clouds and blue. Eventually, just after 7:00, as I approached Tom's Point, the sun began to rise, lighting up the shoreline. I paddled around the tip, with a view of the bridge, then headed back toward Woodlawn, occasionally passing a fishing boat, since there's a tournament today. I was out for close to 80 minutes, with a light wind and an occasional bird sighting.

Morning Sky

Sun Rising At 7:02

Kayaking Toward Tom's Point

The Bridge

Kickin Back

Victoria/Woodlawn

Amazing Morning Sky

Heron Along Tom's Point

Eagle Above Powerboat Club

Cormorant

Friday was busy, starting with a long paddle, as always. Evie helped with the blog and had a bit of trouble with the photos but figured it out, so we published by 9:00. I wasn't sure what to do with my morning, as usual, but decided on a bike ride on Jamestown's Riverwalk and through the city. First I stopped at Peterson's and bought tomatoes and peaches. Then I parked behind the Subaru dealer, where the Riverwalk begins, and rode into the city, stopping briefly at McCrea Park. I rode the path along the Chadakoin River and eventually ended up at Labyrinth Press Coffee, where I sat outside in their covered seating along the walk with a coffee. 

Bridge Over Chadakoin River

Boat Launch

A Shady Spot Along Chadakoin Where The Homeless Hang Out

I then rode back to my car, stopped at Arby's for a couple of Greek gyros for our lunch, and was home by 12:30. Evie and I sat on the front porch and ate our gyros. After lunch, Evie went out on the dock to get some sun, and I read and took a brief nap. Afterward, I joined Evie briefly on the dock, then came in and did some more raking of stones in our side yard — still a mess.

We both showered, and by 5:30 we were on our way to the Rod and Gun Club in Lakewood for a fish fry. The parking lot was packed, but I squeezed into a spot. I'd dropped Evie off, so when I went in she was already seated at the bar and had saved me a seat. We had a beer and struck up a fun conversation with a couple who have a cottage on Loomis Bay but live in Buffalo. We had about a half-hour wait for our table, which was fine, since the dining room and bar were crowded — the club must serve a couple hundred dinners on a Friday night. I ordered the haddock fish fry and Evie the walleye, served with baked potatoes, rolls, and coleslaw. The place is so efficient that we had our dinners in ten minutes, finished in fifteen, and paid and were out of there by 7:30, home by 7:45 — in time to watch another episode of ER. Once Evie went to bed, I watched a Reacher episode, then the tennis match, won by Ben Shelton in four sets over Francis Tiafoe, both Americans. Shelton will face #1 seed A. Zverev in the final on Sunday morning. I went to bed around 10:30, read a bit, then slept.



A Quotation From A Video from the recent Republican Convention: 

"And on June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ' I need a caretaker, so God gave us Trump."


1 comment:

  1. You know how to live it up with Gyros for lunch and a fish dinner .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...