Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mid Week With The Grandchildren

Happy Seventeenth Birthday To Our Grandson, Nick
Nick At Play
Nick At Play, Too
I was up at 6:00 and Ramiro had already made the coffee, Mitch was taking a shower, and Evie came downstairs soon after, getting ready to make the school lunches and breakfasts.  And I sit here doing nothing, surfing the Net and writing my blog, an early morning sloth.  I may, however, take one of the kids to school!  At the moment, the skies a blue, who knows for how long and it's 26º.

Yesterday was more of the same, typical for most parents of school age kids.  Get up early enough to get the kids breakfast, make sure they have all their gear, and see them off to school.  Mitch was off by 7:00 as usual, but Marisa had an orthodontist appoint at 8:00, and Ramiro drove her there, waited an hour and a half, then dropped her off at school.  That was it for the day with the grandchildren until 2:30 when they start returning home.  Thus, we had a large part of the day to amuse ourselves, either staying in, getting some things done or going off somewhere to shop.

New Braces
Marisa And Cody
So we did a little of both, organizing things a bit, then going off shopping to, where else, TJ Maxx for Evie, and Best Buy for me, not that I needed anything but you never know when you walk in Best Buy what might catch your eye.  Of course, something did as I bought an adapter so we can play our Sirius Boom Box in the car through the lighter.  And I browsed Patel's, an Indian Foods store while Evie browsed at TJ.  We then hit the Stop N Shop, this one an Hispanic flavored store, which caters to the numerous Hispanics in the area.  I like this store, lots of interesting and different items though we find the prices here in CT expensive compared to Wegman's in Chautuauqua.

We were home by 1:00, in time for lunch, a ham and cheese sandwich and chips.  I seem to only have sandwich meat when I visit Darien because Beth always has it around for lunches for the kids.  I have to admit it tastes good.  Marisa and Mitch came home at 2:30, Marisa with a big smile on her face because she was sporting new green braces on her teeth and, fortunately, they had yet to bother her.

I was on pins and needles much of the day because I made a big decision; I ordered my third Kindle, the Paperwhite because I am tending to read more and more on the Kindle and I wanted one I can read not only at night but in sunlight.  They were supposedly having a special Valentine's Deal on it, so I bit the bullet.  It arrived around 4:00 and I am very happy with it.  The reading experience is much like a book, much better lit and clearer than my old Kindle, and it's easy to read at night, in fact, I have to turn down the illumination because it's too bright.  Just finished BEING MORTAL and am deep into WILD, so I am happy reader.

For dinner, Evie made the old Davis standby, Greek lemon chicken with rice and the family devoured it, as we had nary a thigh left after we sat down to eat.  In fact, we probably could have eaten more than eight thighs between us.  Marisa went up to bed at 8:30 and had to put on a head brace for her teeth, something that she will have to get used to.  She did not sleep well, as it's annoying when she tries to turn over.  Anyways, after dinner, we got back in our old routine, watched Jon Stewart and The Nightly Show and mourned the announcement that Jon Stewart was leaving The Daily Show at the end of the year.  First, Stephen Colbert, and now Jon Stewart.  What is happening to our TV world?  What are we going to watch during our dinners?  Project Runway? Fashion Police?  Say it ain't so.

I just got back from driving Mitch to school, came home in time to drive Marisa up to the corner and wait with her for the bus to come, along with two of her girlfriends.  It's now 8:00, kids are gone and Ramiro has just left for the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...