Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Tuesday Morning Of Red Bellied Woodpeckers

7:40
Evie was up first, for once, and now we are both up with coffees in hand by 7:00.  It's a typical morning, gray on gray, with a coastline of dark gray.  At least it's not snowing at the moment but it's very cold again, too cold to enjoy the outdoors.

A Big Boy
Sun Flower Seed
Yesterday, unfortunately, because of the snow fall overnight, at least 10 inches, I went out to shovel, carelessly lifted a load of snow, and pulled or strained a muscle in my groin and back.  Like the stubborn old man that I am, I continued shoveling, then went to yoga, hoping it might help, then to Wegmans, practically empty because of the weather, then home.  By the time I got home, I could hardly bend to pick up the groceries with out hurting.  Evie quickly got out the heating pad, some Advil, and I was sitting on the couch in no time.  No skiing or snow shoeing for a couple of days.
Hanging On
A Striped Broad Back and Red Head
Lunch was vegetable soup, another avocado sandwich, and some Jon Stewart. I did little during the rest of the day, as I could hardly move without major discomfort.  Both sitting and reclining are uncomfortable as well. In between taking care of me, Evie was out, cleaning the parking area, at least three times, as it continued to snow during the day.  And she put together a chicken gyro recipe from Turkey, allowing the chicken pieces to marinate in various spices for four or five hours.  It smells delicious just sitting there marinating.

We did manage to relax with a glass of wine, at dusk, before Evie had to go into the kitchen and start dinner, chicken gyro with feta, tomatoes, lettuce, hummus, marinated onions, and Tzakziki, a yogurt/garlic sauce.  I am hungry again just thinking about it. We then had another The Americans marathon, compliments of Amazon Prime and Apple TV.  Technology can sure be amazing, as we pulled up the series on Evie's iPad, and watched it on our flat screen TV.

I am still in quite a bit of pain this morning, so it looks like we may try to see a doctor, to make sure I have not torn anything.  This is not fun, as I cannot get comfortable, have difficulty bending to pick up anything.  Carelessness and aging do not go together.

Photo by Evie Joy, Our Neighbor's Yard (Enough Said)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...