Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sun Up And So Am I


7:39
7:59
Whoa, slept in till 7:15, came downstairs and Evie was already up, had my cafe latte made, the good life in the morning.  The fishing guys are out, the sun blasting though a thin cloud cover and it's cold again, 6ยบ, snow on the way this evening.

Back in the routine, should be, as we were only out of town for two nights.  Yoga at 9:30 with Danielle was not good, as we did the pose I hate because I cannot do it very well, Virasana or Hero's Pose, where you sit on your heels, then supposedly lay back and relax on a bolster...no way! It's not about competition but adaptation, so the guru says...in other words, adapt a pose to your physical capabilities. The rest of the morning was fine and I left feeling good, ready to enjoy the day, my worries gone, at least for the moment.  This is the best part of yoga, to get out of your mind, into your body and breathing for an hour and a half, the real joy of yoga which anyone who practices yoga knows.

More vegetable soup for lunch, along with a toasted cheddar cheese sandwich, and another episode the Cinemax series Banshee, heavy on violence and sex.  Evie went off to work out at the YMCA and then do some grocery shopping in the early afternoon, while I stayed home and read, played around with some pictures from the weekend and sent them off to our friends.  Evie did not get home till about 4:00, lots of necessities to buy and we are having the McClures over for dinner tonight.  I decided to get some exercise in around 4:30, so I went cross country skiing on the lake, a frustrating experience though it was still good to be outside.  I constantly would break through the upper crust of the lake to a layer of wet snow, which would freeze on my skis if I paused for even a moment.  I ended up skiing on the icy portions though that was not much fun either because it was so slippery that your skis would slide sideways.  So,  I did not get some exercise though it was not what I wanted, a nice layer of snow to glide though on a cold late afternoon.
Fishing At Dusk As I Cross Country Ski
For dinner, I cooked some salmon outside, Evie made a salad and garlic spinach, so we had finally a healthy meal after a weekend of excess.  We caught up on our shows, Downton Abbey, where Edith finds herself pregnant and husbandless as Bate's quiet violent streak, lurks in the background, ready to pounce.  We also watched Bill Maher's REAL TIME, which we are beginning to really like, his often blasphemous humor, shocks and tickles, as he skewers the hypocrisies of our politicians and their policies, mostly I admit, the Conservative Republicans but some Democrats, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...