Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hazy, Humid, and Hot

Morning Haze
A close morning, no breeze, 70 degrees, perhaps getting in the high 80's if not 90's in the area, an unusual Labor Day Weekend report.  This makes me think of the satirical Borowitz Report for today, where his headline is Labor Day outsourced, to China, of course, because Americans don't know what work is anymore.  Not so funny I guess.  Yesterday, we spent getting caught up on shopping, not fun, but we are set for the weekend, marinated leg of lamb tomorrow, with ratatouille, one of our favorite dinners.  Today, we are just going with the left overs, or whatever we find in the fridge or freezer.  It's going to be too hot to sit outside, so we have already closed the windows, to keep the coolness inside, so we will do lots of reading, perhaps organizing, which never stops...something can always be organized better!  Since I am in need of tires, I think I will go off to Sam's Club today and get some put on my Pilot, order some for the Accord.  Nothing like spending money on tires.

I am really enjoying THE SUBMISSION, a book recommended by Patsi.  It's about the awarding of the 9/11 memorial design, the committees deliberation, their choice, then the realization that winning architect is name Muhammad Khan.  What ensures forms the crux of the book.  So far, very well written, researched, and thoughtful, as Amy Waldmann ably explores many points of view, from the survivors families, to the jury, to the press, to the families of firemen who also died in the attack.

I spent a couple of hours at Sam's Club, getting new tires for my Pilot, Michelins, for 750 bucks, the best all weather available.  I checked at various places and they are all about the same, the same perks, the guarantees, so I want with Sam's, which is nationwide in case I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...