Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Fall Like Cloudy Day and Cool

Schultz's and Mc Clures
It's 59 degrees outside when I got up at 5:15 and it's not supposed to be much warmer as the day goes on, almost like a fall day.  As the week progresses, however, it's getting warmer, and by the weekend, it will be in the 80's, with little rain in sight, so far, just what we don't need.  I spent at least 45 minutes watering the new grass last night.  We are handicapped in that I cannot overuse the water from our well or it will turn off when it's almost dry.  And when I pump water out of the lake, the force of the water is so weak that it will only sprinkle about 15 feet, so it's time consuming and we are to wet the yard every night if it does not rain.

Davis's and Schultz's
Today's a good day to work outside but we both have dentist appointments for teeth cleaning and Ron wants me to help him put his boat in the water.  I am sure Evie will be out cutting weeds if it's not too cool, so we have a few things to do.  I am not sure I need anymore more gravel, good news for my back, but I am sure Evie will want more top soil, bad news for my back.

We had burgers last night, thicker than usual, cooked for almost 5 minutes a side and they were done inside but still juicy, something I would like to perfect.  At my request, Evie made up some warm German potato salad, with bacon, onions, celery, and the dressing of sugar, vinegar, and bacon fat.  It was just what I wanted and I must have had at least four servings.  It's funny how your taste buds crave something you have not thought of for at least a year, the taste or thought pops into your head, and you end up craving it.  Enough for lunch today but not much more.
Sunset at the Viking Club

I am reading Chris Matthews book HARDBALL, written before he became famous as a TV personality.  I heard someone say it was the best book ever written on politics and I have to agree.  It's filled with anecdotes, the do's and don'ts, kind of a modern day The Prince.  He shows how some politicians succeed, by following certain rules, and they can be learned.  I am making a list of them and will put them in my review.  I  cannot say it makes me admire politicians, in fact, they all seem somewhat disgusting, power hungry, willing to do anything to get elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...