Monday, July 20, 2026

Partly Cloudy And Pleasantly Cool


5:51

6:24

8:14

It's 8:20, and I have been up since 5:30, alas. It was a chilly 53º when I woke, and 62º now. I was too tired to get on the lake right away and have been fighting a bad stomach, so I had my coffee, then made myself get out there at 7:00. Interestingly, I ran into two kayakers at Long Point, another, Kurt, who stays at Pine Hill, near the reeds. It was a good morning to be out, with air quality quite low, even though I did not feel great. 

Early Morning Kayakers

Kayak Morning

Juvenile  Eagle

Eagle

Osprey

Sunday was spent waiting for the World Cup game at 3:00. I did, however, fill up my morning so the time went quickly. I was up early and out on the lake by 6:50. I had a good paddle, then came home and wrote the blog and had my usual granola and yogurt breakfast, topped with peaches. Evie was up when I returned, and we published the blog earlier than usual. I wanted to get some exercise and since I had just had my bike tuned up, I decided to go for a ride. So I drove to Mayville, dropped a portable bed off at Ron and Linds, and parked my car at Mayville Park. I rode Webb's Trail, then Sea Lion Drive, my usual route. It's rarely if ever, busy, but there's always a bike or two along Mayville's path. Rarely do I pass anyone on Webb's Trail. I stopped at the Lighthouse to pick up a pound of breakfast sausage, then headed home.

Webb's Trail

For some reason, my stomach started bothering me, so I skipped breakfast and read and napped until 2:00. I then watched an hour of the five hour lead into the World Cup. The game was a bit of a bore, especially for someone like me who is used to basketball, where there is constant scoring. Spain dominated, holding the ball 65% of the time and outshooting Argentina, 20-2. That gives you some idea as to how much Spain dominated Argentina, yet the score was 0-0 until the 106th minute when Spain finally scored. The game did get more exciting during the last 20 minutes as Argentina finally had to change strategy and try to score. This will probably be my last soccer game to watch until the next World Cup in four years.

Around 6:00, I tried to eat something, and Evie made me eggs and toast. We ended up watching the last episode of Department Q, then some home improvement shows before Evie went up to bed and I finished Season Three of Dark Winds.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...